F1 2013 Racing weekend tire management?

Canada
Ontario, Canada
AirbornRecon
Just out of curiosity, say for a dry race weekend provides you with 4 sets of Primes and 3 sets of Options. During a full raceweekend with 50% distance I would generally go through every single set (totally worn down). This got me thinking, how on earth am I supposed to last an entire race weekend with 100% race distance or does the game scale tire usage with the length of the race?

If I am being unclear, here is an example:
On 50% race distance, a set of Option would last me 6 Laps on Nürbergring, would it last me 12 laps on 100% race distance or do I have to manage my tires way better than that? If so, how?

Yeah there is tyre scaling. But you should think about how your setup affects tyre wear. The more camber, toe, spring stiffness etc affect tyre wear. You should also try to not push every single lap if you need to preserve tyres.

Yeah there is tyre scaling. But you should think about how your setup affects tyre wear. The more camber, toe, spring stiffness etc affect tyre wear. You should also try to not push every single lap if you need to preserve tyres.
Yeah, I am still learning this game and yesterday I just learned to effectively control traction by changing the fuel mix and it has been yielding great results. Also I know it's obvious but not letting the car understeer by going slower and not bumping up and down on curbs really helps XD

Back