F1 2014 PS3.

United Kingdom
UK
R620turbo
Ok so who's got it and what do you think of it?

Overall I am enjoying it. Granted there are a few flaws but hopefully ( i say hopefully very loosely ) they will be fixed with a patch or two.

I've not long purchased a G27 and i'm finding it very entertaining trying to control the cars.
I think I could tweak the wheel settings abit more to make it a better experience.

If anyone is looking for a co op champ partner, let me know. I may not be the fastest but consistently playing with decent driver " and not just a mental quick race " may just improve my pace a bit.

I am not getting on well with it with my g27. I just cannot get comfortable driving the cars. No idea why as I am fine with a controller. It could be that I am not finding a decent setup but I was terrible in the first GP weekend!

I keep reading that controller users get some sort of built in traction control/aid as opposed to wheel users who struggle with traction on the exit of slow turns. So this may be what you are experiencing.
I'm finding it very different myself with the wheel compared to a controller. I think for myself it is going to take some time getting fully used to the wheel.

What are you not comfortable with? And have you played about with the rotation settings on the G27 itself?

IDK when the last update was for F1 2014, but I got it for christmas. I find that the formula car physics in gran turismo 6 are not as good as the physics in F1 2014. It requires far more precision and it is leaps and bounds less forgiving. F1 2014 could have some really good online racing. Honestly, the game plays right between the formula car physics of rFactor2 and the formula car physics in GT6. It just have all of the artificial feedback that GT6 includes; ie things that you would feel in your body, not in the wheel. Not as much the case with f1 2014 or any sims. The ability to dial a wheel in is great, too. Haven't played a CM game since 2012. This is much better.

With all the aids off, I'd rather play this than GT6. It is far more realistic. You can't leave the groove without losing a bit of grip and you lose it all when you end up on the marbling. Things that GT6 wouldn't even think about including.

IDK when the last update was for F1 2014, but I got it for christmas. I find that the formula car physics in gran turismo 6 are not as good as the physics in F1 2014. It requires far more precision and it is leaps and bounds less forgiving. F1 2014 could have some really good online racing. Honestly, the game plays right between the formula car physics of rFactor2 and the formula car physics in GT6. It just have all of the artificial feedback that GT6 includes; ie things that you would feel in your body, not in the wheel. Not as much the case with f1 2014 or any sims. The ability to dial a wheel in is great, too. Haven't played a CM game since 2012. This is much better.

With all the aids off, I'd rather play this than GT6. It is far more realistic. You can't leave the groove without losing a bit of grip and you lose it all when you end up on the marbling. Things that GT6 wouldn't even think about including.

When F1 2010 came out, I preferred driving the Ferrari F10 in that than in GT5.

When F1 2010 came out, I preferred driving the Ferrari F10 in that than in GT5.
Yeah, I think the physics pertaining to the formula cars or how the formula cars react to the physics engine is screwed up. You can HAMMER the brakes on all of them without locking up with ABS disabled. And the Lotus 97T in GT6 is faster than the 2014 cars in every way. In 1985...the formula was: light car, big wing on the back to tame the insane power and that was that. They didn't use the body panels to manipulate air towards the back and such. Yet the thing can put down corner apex speeds that are faster than the 2004 f1 cars. Even the 2008 cars, too. The pinnacle of the aero era in F1.

Yeah, I think the physics pertaining to the formula cars or how the formula cars react to the physics engine is screwed up. You can HAMMER the brakes on all of them without locking up with ABS disabled. And the Lotus 97T in GT6 is faster than the 2014 cars in every way. In 1985...the formula was: light car, big wing on the back to tame the insane power and that was that. They didn't use the body panels to manipulate air towards the back and such. Yet the thing can put down corner apex speeds that are faster than the 2004 f1 cars. Even the 2008 cars, too. The pinnacle of the aero era in F1.

The funny thing about the F10 in F1 2010 and GT5 was that (as far as I can recall) they set very similar times on tracks that were common to both games, but felt completely different in the process. Driving the F10 in GT5 was a tense and frenetic experience, while in F1 2010 I felt a lot more in control.

The funny thing about the F10 in F1 2010 and GT5 was that (as far as I can recall) they set very similar times on tracks that were common to both games, but felt completely different in the process. Driving the F10 in GT5 was a tense and frenetic experience, while in F1 2010 I felt a lot more in control.
I find it the opposite in F1 2014 to GT6. The cars are much harder to control the rear on turn exit and turn in requires so much more precision in 2014. I never really played GT5, but GT6 is much easier to control wheel spin without have the rear step out on you. And you can control power slides and the chassis pitching so easily in GT6. If you're on the ball, it is hard to lose the rear in GT6. ...And I set cars up pretty lose, so they turn in and hit the apex on a dime...still really hard to lose it. It took me a couple times of playing 2014 to adapt my foot to how CM portrays them in 2014, though. People knock 2014, but coming from 2012...it's pretty good to me. First CM game that I can't totally chalk it up to being solely an arcade game. With all the aids off, I'd call it a simcade. You can get ahead of yourself in gt6 pretty good and manage to save it. Basically...lock brakes up coming into turn...turn in too late, but as soon as you let off the brakes the traction comes back and you don't end up in a sand pit. You just lose a second or two. It is ridiculous.

F1 2014 is different in terms of rear traction. The cars in 2014 have a lot more torque, so it's easy to get wheelspin. But in terms of just the handling of the steering and such, F1 2014 feels calmer and easier to be consistent than GT6. Formula cars in GT6 feel a lot more twitchy.

Definitely agree with some of the comments here.
F1 2014 is such a rewarding game. When you put down a good lap, you see it, you feel it. You hit the apexes just right, get a excellent exit and you know that screens gonna light purple!
For those struggling with the handling I say this. It took me about 6 hours of play to wipe away the driving technique I use in F1 2012 and GT6.
Throttle control is essential. I have an F1 simulator and drive with zero aids. Its incredibly difficult, but massively rewarding.

F1 2014 has far from realistic physics, but it is a really good game. By far the best of the cm f1 games imo. Not sure how anyone would have trouble with the handling, after doing 3 seasons in F1 2014, I put GT6 on for the first time since I had bought F1, and was immediately struggling. GT is so much less forgiving in the physics department. Of course, GT6 has utterly brain dead AI, so I only struggled to get used to the more realistic physics again. The races were still ridiculously easy to win. AI in f1 2014, while far from perfect, is on another planet to GT6. They actually provide a RACE

I can play 2014 just fine but I like the handling in F1 2013 better.
For people who like F1 I'd say get F1 2014 & F1 2013 Classic Edition, those 2 games have enough tracks to keep you entertained for a while.

I got the game; its ok; no fuel management choices this time (so far I have not seen it); no kers button; no gear settings option (e.g. top speed); engine sound is OK (better than watching an F1 2014 broadcast); and yes torque and turbo make spinning the tires easy and thus more tire wear; but still fun.

Not as many racing online as F1 2013 (so far).

There is a fuel management option. High, standard and low.
May be in Career only.

No gear settings because gear boxes are fixed this year. No adjustments.

TBH I think F1 2012 is the best and much better than F1 2013 so TBH next considered F1 2014. May be later this year or next year when I get PS4. They are going to release it on current gen sometime this year. So getting for PS3 does not make sense anymore

TBH I think F1 2012 is the best and much better than F1 2013 so TBH next considered F1 2014. May be later this year or next year when I get PS4. They are going to release it on current gen sometime this year. So getting for PS3 does not make sense anymore

No, they will release F1 2015 on PS4/Xb1/PC, not the 2014 version.

Got it recently, only played alittle but feels good so far. Its like F1 2013 in that the low speed grip is actually there as opposed on and off like in 2012 (which means no sudden spins) and the loss of control is gradual, though more noticible (probably due to the torque of the Turbos this time around). Overall, it feels fantastic from the little I've played.

Latest Posts

Back