F1 2016 Wishlist.

• Thread starter Emmcee
  • 22 comments
Australia
Australia
Here's my ideas as a die hard f1 fan that I think a f1 game needs to be great. F1 2016, this is my Wishlist
1- design your own helmet
2- career mode
3- actually testing at real test tracks like Jerez,Barcelona,Valencia and mugello, fiorano if your Ferrari also.
4- actual real life damage.
5- mechanical failures
6- 20 past seasons of f1,if can't get rights for older drivers, use generic but at least have the circuits and cars.
7- more in depth career away from the circuit,like how f1 2010 started out.
8- safety car and safety car starts if raining to hard.
9- better,smarter and stronger AI
10- more detailed pit crew.
11- be able to do a celebration lap and drive into Parc feme, heck even have control of the champagne spraying.
12- more accurate setups in the sense tweaks actually make a difference not have to use it to full effect to notice anything.
13- clutch for starts so you can actually get a decent start.

These are just some things me as a die hard f1 fan has been dying to see in a game. What's your Wishlist.

I put off buying F1 2015 because I'm saving money for F1 2016. Haas F1 baby!!!! :D

What I'd like in F1 2016 is to put my name and country flag on the firesuit in career mode. Also, it'd be cool if they'd add the ability to watch other cars in practice, TV style.

You can watch them in 2015 from your computer screen in the cockpit. But yes how annoying was it in the past when you create a driver and it would have Vettel on the suit and car lol.

Yeah that's right, NASCAR is awesome to watch and is so competitive and same with champcar/Indy. The day f1 goes to ovals is the day I stop watching. Did you know Ferrari made a champcar back in the late 80s early 90s as they threatened to leave f1 and join the American scene. Just google Ferrari Indy car.

Well here's some good news from one of the eight people invited to Codemasters Studios:

That alone makes this a (Possibly) Day 1 buy. Now we just need some better customization.

Here's my ideas as a die hard f1 fan that I think a f1 game needs to be great. F1 2016, this is my Wishlist
1- design your own helmet
2- career mode
3- actually testing at real test tracks like Jerez,Barcelona,Valencia and mugello, fiorano if your Ferrari also.
4- actual real life damage.
5- mechanical failures
6- 20 past seasons of f1,if can't get rights for older drivers, use generic but at least have the circuits and cars.
7- more in depth career away from the circuit,like how f1 2010 started out.
8- safety car and safety car starts if raining to hard.
9- better,smarter and stronger AI
10- more detailed pit crew.
11- be able to do a celebration lap and drive into Parc feme, heck even have control of the champagne spraying.
12- more accurate setups in the sense tweaks actually make a difference not have to use it to full effect to notice anything.
13- clutch for starts so you can actually get a decent start.

These are just some things me as a die hard f1 fan has been dying to see in a game. What's your Wishlist.

20 past seasons... You don't ask for much!

20 past seasons... You don't ask for much!
Why would it be? They only release half games now days anyway, the rest is dlc. Can't see how that would be difficult, just if developers would pay the coders and then they would have to be dedicated or the game would be filled with bugs, kinda like the codemasters games now.

Why would it be? They only release half games now days anyway, the rest is dlc. Can't see how that would be difficult, just if developers would pay the coders and then they would have to be dedicated or the game would be filled with bugs, kinda like the codemasters games now.

Just so we're on the same page, you are talking about 20 lots of cars, 20 lots of drivers, 20 lots of circuits and 20 sets of regulations right??

Averaging 22 cars per season, that's 440 cars to model!

20 might be a bit much to do (though i would love 20 seasons for a career mode!) for a yearly released title. It would take us back to 1996 (which they already have two teams done for). the major regulation changes would be to qualifying a couple of times, tire use, and refueling/no refueling. As far as circuits are concerned, once a circuit is built, unless the layout changes, you don't have to rebuild it. (i wouldn't expect changed sponsoring for everyone season, etc.) some circuits like Imola have not changed since 1995, so you would only need 1 version of the track. Though tracks that have changed, like Silverstone, Spa, or Hockenheim, would have to have multiple iterations.

As for car models, it would only average 11 per season, just with 2 paint jobs. And don't forget they already have everything from 2010-2015/16 done. And they even have 2009, albeit in nintendo wii quality (poor), that they could rebuild.

I think it would be much more reasonable to ask for a career mode that starts in 2009 and runs through 2016. It would give us an 8 year career with changing cars, calendars, drivers, rules, etc., without them having to try to chase down the rights.

Just so we're on the same page, you are talking about 20 lots of cars, 20 lots of drivers, 20 lots of circuits and 20 sets of regulations right??

Why can't it be done?

Why can't it be done?

Not saying it can't be done, just don't expect the same quality (remember this is a yearly franchise).

As a standalone game, I'm sure it could be done. But it won't be done by Codemasters under the current licencing arrangement

Why can't it be done?

It could be done, but it would be extremely time consuming, costly, and difficult. This would require doing what @CarreraGT said along with the even greater challenge of acquiring all of the licenses.

Best ever games I've played are Shenmue 1 and 2 and Yakuza 4 and 5. If companies developed games with passion like this company still does, it would be doing a lot better than it does and that's sega. Anyone who has played these games will understand where I am coming from. Still IMO if where talking f1 games, the best still ever are the "GP" series by Geoff Crammond. If a company spent the money and actually made a good quality f1 sim to the standard of Geoff Crammond back in the day, then I think there would be a lot of happy f1 fans. The games now are made to try and appeal to a wider audience and leaving the actual sim factor out to allowing for easier handling for newbies or bandwagon jumpers.

Best way to get multi season F1 is to model cars from a specific decade, as within a decade it doesn't change that much anyway. Reiza's Automobilista is a great example of how to do multiseason F1 right (shame FOM sued them and the game has been taken down 👎).

image.2016228164747.jpeg

Or you could just get rFactor or EA F1 Challenge 99-02 for which mods have been made for every season (even some pre-war 1930s era!) :P

Back