F1 2018 Starting Team Choices

• Thread starter xSyReKz
  • 8 comments

Which lower division F1 team to pick for career mode?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hey Guys!

thank you for reading

So my fiancé has bought me F1 2018 for early XMAS present, but I am having a difficult time deciding which lower end division team I want to drive for as I'll be doing a 100% play through of my F1 2018 career mode experience on my YouTube channel

I have 3 teams in mind.
Toro Roso
Sauber
Williams

I have created a poll for this topic, would appreciate all votes / feedback!
Many thanks!

From what other youtubers says, Williams balance is not good, so it's not ideal to learn the game. TR on the other hand is well balanced even if underpowerded at the start.

I'd go for Williams personally (and I did).

Just because they on paper are the weaker of the teams available, and then provide a bigger challenge.

Just because they on paper are the weaker of the teams available, and then provide a bigger challenge.

Thats very true, I'm really torn between the 3 teams suggested as I personally really like all 3 teams. I may need to do a few laps with each team and see which car feels more for me?

How are the AI on F1 2018? And what difficulty would you recommend?

Often in championships the AI members of these 3 teams that is last is Toro Rosso.
F1 games seems to put a greater enphasis on engine than the real championship...

Thats very true, I'm really torn between the 3 teams suggested as I personally really like all 3 teams. I may need to do a few laps with each team and see which car feels more for me?

How are the AI on F1 2018? And what difficulty would you recommend?
You could definitely do some Grand Prix races to get a feel for the cars if you'd like.

Difficulty all comes down to your skill level, knowledge and ability to adapt.

I started at around 70-75 in F1 2018 (as I did with Project Cars 1-2), because I haven't driven a F1 game in way too many years.

Though I am not even close to be a pro, I quickly moved up to 85-90, and currently rolling at 90 with Williams. I should probably move it up to 100, because with my seriously lacking Williams, I can still compete with the top 6 cars, and even go for the win in some cases.

The AI themselves are really good I think. They will not give up their position easily, and if you manage to overtake them, they will fight you back for it. If you watch some of the better F1 drivers on youtube, you can see that they often get divebombed by the AI and they must really fight with the AI for any and all things.

But that's not to say that the AI is too good, or too overpowered. It's balanced out so that the AI makes mistakes, misjudges braking points, really screws up tire strategy/pit strategy and whatnot. Don't think i've had 1 race yet where all drivers have completed the race. Always someone with mechanical failure or someone crashing. And thats fine. Thats actually alot like real life.

Funny side note; in the last couple of races, i've been battling the Ferrari cars on positions, and 2/2 races when it starts to rain late in the race (say last 25% of a race), the Ferrari cars are not switching to intermediates early enough, or not at all. It's quite funny to overtake Kimi on the last lap of Monza because he is still on Softs, when my Inters are 10 seconds a lap faster. Came back from being 30 seconds behind him, to finish 5 seconds infront. Another Ferrari blunder!

I went for Mclaren - reason is that I'm a fan of both McClaren and Alonso (I know, he's leaving). This season they have mostly been s step up from the teams that you've mentioned, but if you want to start at the bottom then they're a team that'll give you good racing in the mid to lower pack

The biggest challenge really is finding the AI level to give you good realistic results. I'm currently running at 70, but I can see that I'm going to have to put that up to around 80-85 soon as I've been over achieving in qualifying.

Depends what you want. If you want straight line speed and a challenge, Williams. If you want a little grip then Sauber. If you are a sod power I need cornering ability person like me, go TR.

I like Williams so I can compete against Lance and his Dad's money - me being Canadian and all; and always been a fan of Williams team - sad lately.

Back