F1-2018 vs GTS

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 5 comments
United States
Addison IL.
As far as online racing, how does the 2 compare?

I've been playing Gran Turismo for about 4 years now. Started playing GTS when it first came out in October, but have finally decided to move on to a different game because of the totally awful penalty system, that continues to get worse.

So to anyone that knows both of these games, what are some of the pros and cons compared to GTS? Especially the penalty system.

Thanks for any help

F1 2018: it's a lot less of a serious feel for me. The penalty system is not really up to scratch, as in it's pretty much non-existent apart from corner cutting and illegal overtakes (that are usually BS), so the racing can be a bit dirty. However, the quicker guys are usually more respectful, and you get matched with similarly-ranked players. The handling model is great this year. Online has a few functionality issues (sometimes it refuses to join a lobby) so I can't really commit to it a lot, and sometimes you are put into a lobby with like 8 players rather than 15-20; I just get a couple of races in after playing single player championship.

I've been enjoying F1 slightly more since GT changed to weekly races. However, despite typically being an online player, I bought F1 for the single player this year, and it's really good as the AI is better than any game I've ever played, and the handling model is better than GT's with a G29 for me - better force feedback for sure.

Anyway, I decided to get F1 because I got bored of GT too, and I can't think of any other racing game on PS4 that I would want right now.

That's good to hear, especially since I use a G29 myself. I'm going to give it a try, hopefully see you on track soon.

Thanks for the detailed answer

Is career glitchy?

F1 2018 is on sale right now for ps4 and I'm interested. I love the series going back to last gen, but i have 2017 and I keep seeing people complain about bugs and issues in career mode.

Back