F1 CE Best Driving Camera

• Thread starter mofongo273
  • 11 comments
Mofongo273
Hi guys, I've created this thread to learn what camera angle that works best for you. I've experience different lap times depending of the camera angle I'm using. My favorite is the cockpit angle, but to stay on the driving line is a lot more challenging than the aerial view. The good thing about cockpit Camera angle is that I can see the instruments better (speed, gear and the rpm LED indicators), better view through the rear view mirrors (missing on the Ferraris), and a closer perception of the F1 driver's viewing angle.

Hi guys, I've created this thread to learn what camera angle that works best for you. I've experience different lap times depending of the camera angle I'm using. My favorite is the cockpit angle, but to stay on the driving line is a lot more challenging than the aerial view. The good thing about cockpit Camera angle is that I can see the instruments better (speed, gear and the rpm LED indicators), better view through the rear view mirrors (missing on the Ferraris), and a closer perception of the F1 driver's viewing angle.

The best all rounder is the onboard TV camera from above the driver's head, the one to the side is nice looking but useless in practise. I don't like the cockpit one so much and you can't see all that much. The other best view is actually the nose camera. Sometimes I've amazed myself by setting faster times with that view than any other. it's easier to judge braking distances in particular and making subtle adjustments. Where it lacks is that if you're turning a corner at an acute angle you have hardly any peripheral vision. Try it for Monza though, that really works.

The best all rounder is the onboard TV camera from above the driver's head, the one to the side is nice looking but useless in

Shaggy Alonso, the TV camera was my very first option when I first bought this game 2 weeks ago, but the rpm LED indicator is practically invisible on those cars that have one. Because it was a new game for me, I was a little lost in terms of gear shifting. I love manual trannys so I need all the indicator possible in order not to blow the engine. I went back to the TV camera but since I got so used to the cockpit view the TV camera looks weird to me.

I will try to get used to it again. I'm Quick Racing on a very unforgiven track (Suzuka) so stay on the racing line is very important.

Thanks for your input.-

Are you using a wheel or a pad?

If you're using a wheel the experience is much more immersive with the cockpit view IMO. However, I do think it's faster using the TV cam because you can see exactly where you're putting your tires & get them closer to the apex more consistently. Personally, since FFB was implemented I only use the cockpit view - it just feels more like you're actually driving the car. 👍

@Mofongo : but the rpm LED indicator is practically invisible on those cars that have one.
After a few laps I get used to the sound of top revs and don't bother with looking.I prefer tv veiw.

Last edited:
@Mofongo : but the rpm LED indicator is practically invisible on those cars that have one.
After a few laps I get used to the sound of top revs and don't bother with looking.I prefer tv veiw.

I agree. The difference is it was my first time racing F1 CE so I was very unfamiliar with the game. I needed as much help as possible to learn my way through the game quickly. It was very weird to drive a car that didn't carry Speed and rpm LED indicator since my previews racing experience was in GT4, a game where these features are much more visible.

I use the cockpit view, just for realism. On my pit-in lap at Sepang, I do sometimes use the above the car view, just to find the pit entrance.
That entrance is hard to find from the cockpit.

I agree. The difference is it was my first time racing F1 CE so I was very unfamiliar with the game. I needed as much help as possible to learn my way through the game quickly. It was very weird to drive a car that didn't carry Speed and rpm LED indicator since my previews racing experience was in GT4, a game where these features are much more visible.

I forgot to say that the rpm LED indicator helps me when I'm racing and surrounded by the other cars. I drive Manual tranny so to switch gear I need to listen to the high pitch of the engine. To do that is very difficult when your in the middle of the pack because of the overwhelming noise from the engines around you.

I use the cockpit view, just for realism. On my pit-in lap at Sepang, I do sometimes use the above the car view, just to find the pit entrance.
That entrance is hard to find from the cockpit.

That's is a good idea! I which I could switch between two pre-selected cameras, e.g. between Tv camera and cockpit cam. That would be great.

I just assume everyone is using the camera over drivers head. I almost forgot one can actually race with another camera setting...

Latest Posts

Back