F1:CE vs F2007 GT5 P Comparisons ?

• Thread starter jagjet
  • 2 comments
jagjet
Lads and Lasses

I got the GT5 Prologue on the US release date and installed it and immediately updated to spec II and then started the "Process". Fast forward 9 days, I now have the Super License and the F2007, mind you , I did sleep, eat and enjoy life. No magic bullet like in Gt4 where you can do 2 races win a vehicle, sell it and pocket $285,000. Until you break thru to S class races you can work to the points needed to acquire the cars with which winning is possible at a maximum of $ 20k per race. QTS is a must once S class is open and you can tune and tweak your cars. Most races require well tuned rides if your going to win and unlock the F2007 Ferrari.

Well you've got $2mil or points and now you get the hot "Raikenshu" and a few cool skates you like but there is no real place to Drive it! Two configs and six circuits are just not enough of a playground for this amazing F1machine. I hope they add more races or challenges for this car. It is a Prolouge and therefore just an expensive tease.

Visuals

The rendering of the F2007 is an accurate and beautiful representation of this F1 masterpiece. The cockpit and Steering wheel are well done and look very close to the real thing. Visuals are still lacking some reality like Heat blumes from exhaust, brake rotor glow and dust shedding, and exhaust flames in gear change. I have never seen so much front wheel movement in normal rumble strip ridding as in this simulation. Even after climbing over Massa, Coulthard's RBR didn't display that much vertical wheel movement. A good start all in all!

Driving Impressions

Out of the box the F2007 is a smooth well balanced package that inspires confidence. As always you must approach the limits slowly or pay the price.Daytona is no test for the F2007 as you just ride the bottom and 4 minutes and 4 seconds later collect your $20k points. Fuji is more like it as you will have to get it right to deliver a realitic time. The traction control is obviously tied to steering angle and will cut power unrealistically. Even with TCS off completely it still seems to have an impact. The tuning aspect of this car is less detailed than F1:CE , again it is not as specialized either.

Overall thoughts

I will need to spend more time to fully understand this Car and PD's new offering, but it 's a different game and a different audience but I like what I have seen so far. But they have been thinking about this seriously. I think perhaps they are working on an F1 package with the thought of bidding on Bernie's License rights. They are very close to a great product.

What's you take if you've gone down this path also?

Robert

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=64396&d=1203005395

Well I must have missed it. But back and forth between GT5p and F1:Ce could be why! many thanks!

Stuff happens I guess
Robert

Back