F1 championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter TJ13
  • 17 comments
  • 872 views

TJ13

Dark Theme. Thank you.
Premium
Messages
4,559
United States
Minnesota
Messages
TJ136
ok I have got most gold execpt for 2 and I always try to get first but then I dont win so got any tips on how I should get those 2 done so I dont have to worry about not getting all gold?
 
Which two are they?
 
have you tried every single method availabel and used every single guide or FAQ you see?
cause if you have, i dont know what you can do except keep trying. that the main words in license test golding: keep trying.
 
The ring and Infinion
 
On the Ring, jack the suspension UP and just try to keep it on the island - screw speed. The others will all fall off the track at will.

Infineon is just a case of learning the track.
 
what should I have the suspension at since I dont have the guied since my dad is useing it?
 
I'd say 65mm+ front and back. Soften the springs 5 clicks too, to absorb the bumps.
 
Thanks Famine hope it works for me.
 
Failing that use something like the Audi R8 on super hard tyres (with similar mods to the suspension). You will do fewer pit stops than the AI and as long as you don't go off the track you should win - Famine is right about the AI, they are all over the place at the 'Ring.

For Infineon make sure you can pass the missions and gold/silver the full lap licence tests that use that track - if you can do that you will know the track well enough to win in the F1.
 
Suspension - I find that 65mm ride height, with dampers at 2/2 bound and 6/6 rebound works quite well around the 'Ring. Bear in mind you will have to pit every other lap, so you never get a flying lap as it were. Also -be sure to lengthen 7th gear to get a bit of extra speed down the back straight (auto about 16 works best, then move the slider - cant remember if its left or right thats longer).

In terms of driving, I concur - stay on the black as much as possible. Be smooth and gentle, and you won't end up with red tyres on the rollercoaster section afther the Karrusell - which almost guarantees you'll rub shoulders with the barriers.

Infineon: brake much earlier for the first 2 blinds crests - you won't believe how much time you lose making the slightest mistake on that first section of the lap. The hairpin at the far end: again, brake nice and early - typically at the apex where the road curves slightly to the left. Slow in - very fast out. :dopey:
 
The problem at the ring is the AI allways hit me when they come back on to the track. I seem to attract them like magnets.
Tip I read for the ring is to pit at end of lap 1 and then go to pit at lap 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 & 13.
Should keep you out of the way of the AI.
 
ya late last night I found out that I had the ring completed it was Suzuka circuit one that I had to do and Infinion
 
I don't understand why the AI makes their tires last WAY longer then mine. I understand what causes tire wear but even when I try to conserve, they still usually pit 3-5 minutes after me which can be 1-2 laps. Still, I go fast enough to afford an extra pit but I am stumped as to why my tire wear is so much worse. Before I realized the F1 cannot change tires I thought the AI was using a harder tire compound. (went through settings, lowered toe cand camber, and reduced tire slip while driving)
 
It's because the AI runs default car setups, including traction control. Therefore they almost never spin the tires or lock up the brakes.

They may suck at driving, but the aids help with those things.
 
wildbillk
I don't understand why the AI makes their tires last WAY longer then mine. I understand what causes tire wear but even when I try to conserve, they still usually pit 3-5 minutes after me which can be 1-2 laps. Still, I go fast enough to afford an extra pit but I am stumped as to why my tire wear is so much worse. Before I realized the F1 cannot change tires I thought the AI was using a harder tire compound. (went through settings, lowered toe cand camber, and reduced tire slip while driving)

I only found my tire wear compared to the AI an issue at a couple of races - mainly where I was driving the car hard and not being smooth. I found that easing off a bit around the 'Ring helped to keep the overall pace up, since you spend less time driving on red tyres. Try short-shifting through 1st and 2nd if you use manual - this avoids some of the wheelspin.

The AI have issues at Le Sarthe though - they continuously try to hold the car on a perfectly straight line. The thousands of small steering inputs needed to achieve this scrubs the front tyres rather quickly - I found I went 2 laps further on tyres by allowing the car to move around on the straight. But as duke said, the AI (sorry, CPU - there is no intelligence) drive in a way with almost no slip occuring, thus the tyres take longer to wear out. A pain when they ram you when you are ice-skating in the direction of the pits.
 
Good points. I use no ASM and TCS 0 or 1. Guess I will try a higher TCS. I also normally use Auto tranny for my day to day races, especially long races with a 7 gear box... lot of shifting on a crappy PS2 controller. I also get alot of tire spin donshifting to 2nd for some reason. Almost like the auto downshifts too fast or there is a huge torque difference from 3rd to 2nd.
 
wildbillk
Good points. I use no ASM and TCS 0 or 1. Guess I will try a higher TCS. I also normally use Auto tranny for my day to day races, especially long races with a 7 gear box... lot of shifting on a crappy PS2 controller. I also get alot of tire spin donshifting to 2nd for some reason. Almost like the auto downshifts too fast or there is a huge torque difference from 3rd to 2nd.

Indeed there is - 1st/2nd are as standard quite short. I appreciate how painful on the fingers shifting up and down the 7-speed box with a DS2 is, but I found I could drive quicker because I could maintain control of the car to a greater extent. Being able to choose where to shift is always a bonus.

I pride myself on using minimal aids normally - but my FGT is set at 8/9/9 simply to make the c'ship more palatable. I don't have the time to master the car with no ASM; and the TCS just stops it burning through rubber so quickly.
 
I am currently working on the F1 championships in extreme hall. ASM 0 and TCS 4. Had TCS 1 but I am getting an extra lap on TCS 4 with minimal decrease in lap time. All in all it's too easy though. I am winning races 4-5 laps ahead even though I am getting 2 less laps on my tires then the AI. I am going to try it in a group C car. I was trying it with my stock Black R92C but it was alot of work. The races are so long tight and if I broke my concentration for one second the whole race was screwed.

I can appreciate the better control in manual but 60-100 laps with 7 gears is too much work for me without a steering wheel (Not that the steering wheel is easier, just more fun and more incentive).
 
Back