F1500T-A Front Wing problem.

• Thread starter Tomsoft
  • 8 comments
Germany
Germany
tomsoft
Has anybody experienced any problems while painting the front wing of the F1500T-A?
Everytime when I try to put a sticker on the sides of the wing, the sticker gets distorted. I've already seen some people managing to avoid that, but how? This is a big problem for people who try to do replica's of liveries.

use align with camera view, you can then move the camera to where you want it and have pretty good success removing any unwanted distortion. It's kind of hard to explain, but you have the preset views for body: front, rear, left, right, top. Think of align to camera as similar to those views, but you get to pick the view. This is really handy on weird shaped parts or parts that get distorted from the standard views.

Also play with align to car, or whatever it is.

use align with camera view, you can then move the camera to where you want it and have pretty good success removing any unwanted distortion. It's kind of hard to explain, but you have the preset views for body: front, rear, left, right, top. Think of align to camera as similar to those views, but you get to pick the view. This is really handy on weird shaped parts or parts that get distorted from the standard views.

Also play with align to car, or whatever it is.
Correct also try reducing the size of said decal until you have it in position, then slowly enlarge, this helped me align the Goodyear decal on the front side wing, hard work ha ha.
Also because you have moved the camera you are now working on a new plain, so you're direction buttons will be back the front, use really small movements.

In the video it is mentioned at the end to use to lowest settings that still shows the decal properly to prevent it for showing through to the top of the wing, but this isn’t always necessary, as it differs per car, and sometimes depends on the size and placement of the decal, so it’s just better to play with the settings until it looks as intended and not just go with the lowest setting and be done with it.

Back