F2007 on the :00's

• Thread starter IsmokeGT
  • 25 comments

IsmokeGT

(Banned)
When I saw the F2007 was back, and it was a world competition I jumped for joy. After a few races reality set in. I have two friends on my friends list that are running this event and are actually good, and those are the only two peoeple that have any type of speed and consistency that I have come across so far. I am sure there are a lot of guys as fast, or faster, than us and we are just not meeting up at the same times. Hopefully this thread will cure this lack of competition.

Feel free to discuss laptimes, and setups. The faster we all go the more fun we will have 👍

Currently Low 1'28's- high 1'27's with stock setting except for toe setting- fr -15 rr +15 and slightly higher speeds in every gear and Downforce is set to 150 ans 200.

I might jump on here occasionly to have a run, F2007 is great fun.:D I think last time this event came up I was doing 26's and maybe even a 25, but I can't remember.

Will try and hop on throughout the month as well for a few races in this fantastic car. Like you IsmokeGT I was ecstatic to see the F2007 make a comeback.

Great to hear it guys! I look forward to matching up against some top TT spot holders.

Big thanks to CarlPKy, easyin, hey654 and my new french buddy D2shooter. We had a blast tonight flying around Suzuka. I managed a 1'26.6 with a draft and a 1'27.2 without.

Nonetheles, this is by far and away my favorite event and I cant wait until we have an entire field of F1 and LeMans cars to choose from and private races to use them in.

1:25.564 is my personal best, without a draft.

Impressive. Any particular settings help you go faster?

Me and my friends I listed have had no competiton except each other. Everyone else that enters this race shouldnt :lol: But my point is we havent seen anyone near that pace, and I am sure going a second a lap faster makes this race even that much more fun.

I might jump on here occasionly to have a run, F2007 is great fun.:D I think last time this event came up I was doing 26's and maybe even a 25, but I can't remember.

:dunce:

same as me, please let me know when ur driving next laps 👍

Since the F1 race is at Suzuka,we should have a GTP F2007 day give some ideals on what day and times.

I i could take part on evry day without suaturdays and sunndays.
and the best time for me is about 18 - 19.00 cet open ended 👍

If this wouldnt work i try to follow your ideas as good as possible ;)

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to international times. I usually race late at night here on the east coast of the US. I will race whenever you guys are so I can get beat. That may sound weird but there is nobody except 'easyin' who is competition for me. I am not being cocky, but there are few people who race this event, sadly. And those few people usually quit before the 20 laps are up. If you guys come up with a time period Ill be there.

I am gone for this weekend, but ill be back on Monday. We still have this event for 3 weeks, so time isnt an issue... yet. See you guys later.

edit- I cant believe this thread is like a ghost town. This is the best racing on GT5p. The Suzuka F1 race is this weekend! I thought this race would be packed. All I can say is- oh well.

Impressive. Any particular settings help you go faster?

Me and my friends I listed have had no competiton except each other. Everyone else that enters this race shouldnt :lol: But my point is we havent seen anyone near that pace, and I am sure going a second a lap faster makes this race even that much more fun.

Full Downforce, adjust gearing so it maxes out at 335.

Then get it right.

Anyone up for this today? I was waiting for some F2007 online racing since I bought the game a few months back, and I don't believe I only noticed its finally here today xD

Anyway, I'm quite new to the F1 car, and the best I did so far was 1`34.0** so I won't be much of an adversary, but if anyone is looking for some clean F1 racing I'm definitely in.

Alright, I had to get this back on top of the thread list.

Ill be racing in about 10-12 hours, hopefully. I really want psycho_gtrp there! 1'25.3 now?! Holy Guacamole Batman. I would also like anyone who refers to me as slow to participate also.
C u'ins on duh track

I will race this if I can race some others. :) Last time this event existed I think I was doing high 25's consistently, but since I haven't played for so long I won't be that fast I don't think. But PM me if you want to race so we can organise a time since I don't actually go on PS3 anymore.

PM me if you want to race so we can organise a time

👍

The way I look at it: Pole position to last spot is usually 2 seconds in F1 and MotoGP (maybe more), so if I am good eough to start in the back of the grid with very little practice than I am happy!

P1 to P10 is almost 1 second difference.
P10 to P50 is about another second. There are fast guys out there, but its just a matter of finding them... at the right place and right time.:ouch:

So ... you lot using any of these? ABS, TC, Steering help, Ideal Line, Autoshift, Clutch?
At the moment im using TC 3 and Autoshift (yes ... I know).
But I'm trying to make the switch to TC 0 and Manual!

I'm going round in environmentally friendly laps of 28 and 29! I save the polar bears.

I use TC1 at the hairpin... otherwise TC is off.

TC was available in that season, why not use it?

So ... you lot using any of these? ABS, TC, Steering help, Ideal Line, Autoshift, Clutch?
At the moment im using TC 3 and Autoshift (yes ... I know).
But I'm trying to make the switch to TC 0 and Manual!

I'm going round in environmentally friendly laps of 28 and 29! I save the polar bears.

TC 0
ABS1
Manual no clutch using DFGT
Ideal line off
Steering help off

i can do high 28 low 29 with these settings

I had a total race time of 29 minutes 16 seconds. AVG lap time of 1'27.8, that is only 0.8 seconds off my personal best!
Kinda proud of averaging under 1'28 over 20 laps.

finally 1.26.8s on suzuka world event, its hard but not imposible. Thanks to
"drive2perfection" his been helping me with my setup, now I can say my F2007 is smoking fast and constant.

I've snatched your setup from one of the many pages here in the forum. Thanks. Surely I'll do '25s consistantly from now on.

Mind posting this setup in this thread? Although, this is the last week of this event, I am hopeful this is replaced with another F2007 event at another track (come on Daytona Road!)

Mind posting this setup in this thread? Although, this is the last week of this event, I am hopeful this is replaced with another F2007 event at another track (come on Daytona Road!)

please post your set up mate. i might break my PB with your set up. thnx in advance

Back