F2007 with DFP.

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 13 comments
  • 1,166 views
Messages
327
Messages
dazzi45
Sorry if this has been disscused before but I need to fix something :S,the F2007 is absolutely horrible with 900^ its such an amazing car an as a huge F1 fan I love driving it just got it after 7months of work :P, anyways 900^ is way too much work for an F1 car and it just isnt responsive but 180^ mode is way to responsive to the point the car starts swerving on a straight due to force feedback is this one of those cars that can only be driven with a controler :(?
or is there some type of fix i can do to make it feel nice with a DFP.?
 
180^ mode is way to responsive to the point the car starts swerving on a straight due to force feedback is this one of those cars that can only be driven with a controler :(?
or is there some type of fix i can do to make it feel nice with a DFP.?
Have you seen a cockpit view of a F1 car? I'm willing to bet the 180 degree steering is still FAR from how difficult it is to actually drive the thing.

 
Yes I have but you dont understand what i mean when its in 180^ its too responsive i can take the hairpin in suzuka by just turning the wheel 10 cm and on the straight the car swerves i understand your point ive watched F1 for years, I have also played Rfactor and this is not what an F1 car does, its the fact that polyphony hasnt changed the steering rotation for the F1 car so is there or isnt there anything i can do?
 
The fact that you felt like using cm to measure rotation baffles me. What is that supposed to mean in a more usable measurement like degrees? LOL
 
I drive the F1 with my DFP on 900 degrees. It´s hard at the beginning but with some practise the F2007 is easy to handle. I´m also using gokart gloves now because it´s better for my hands and fingers after a one hour session i realy felt pain in my arms and fingers :lol:
 
Yeah, that really isn't oversensitive at all. In a Formula One car, even the slightest input has a major effect.
 
if you watch this onboard vid from schumi,you will see that the 900degree setup isnt so far off from reality....

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=53PEYEy1XUk



spyrrari.

for monaco they change the lock on the steering wheel to compenstae for the hairpin (cant think of the name atm of the turn. but at 0:40 in the vid) that would be the only time when the 900^ lock would be accurate. other wise i would think the 180^ lock would be more correct for most tracks with the exception of a few such as monaco. though im going off of what i think, seeing as i have a G25 and sadly cant change the lock to 180 to test for myself all i can do is speculate.
 
But I if you just turn 360degree on G25 is plenty for any course in GT5P and F2007.. so the other degree over 360* is just a bonus ;) if you catch my drift...
I never used more then that while racing..
 
I have G25 too and sure it feels like it's off. One thing I know for sure is that F1 car's wheel doesn't turn 900 degrees.. And in the game if you are stopped and turn the wheel lock to lock you can see that the wheels are turning all the way in the end.(lock)

One good chance to compare is next weekend when they race in Fuji, look how much they are turning the wheel and then play the game and see how much you are turning.
 
Yeah I think car steer ration is off.. it seems good to 300-360 degree turn, after that the F2007s wheels turn way TOOO much..
But yeah lets wait and see for FUJI race and compare how much they turn wheels, then someone make a video of driving (racing line) on FUji and G25 view.
 
The fact that you felt like using cm to measure rotation baffles me. What is that supposed to mean in a more usable measurement like degrees? LOL

The fact that you didn't understand him baffles me.
 
Back