F2010, My ps3 is lagging at Monaco? Help needed please!

• Thread starter Greisen
  • 20 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Greisen
Hey dudes.

2 days ago i bought F2010 for PS3. Fantastic game. But here today when i was doing the monaco grand prix i noticed that during turn 15 and 16 (The piscine) my PS3 was lagging incredibly much. It is actually unplayable. Its the only time i've ever experienced this. It does it everytime at that corner.

screenshot20110715at182.png

Is that normal?

And is there anything i can do about this? Cause i simply cant win the grand prix if it keeps lagging like that at turn 15+16.

Thank you in advance, Greisen

Its a common bug, the frame rate drops dramatically. Im afraid not a lot can be done.

Last edited:
It only does it when there is a lot of cars in the pits. So in practice and qualifying its at its worst. But in the race you should be ok most of the time as the cars are obviously on track and its very rare for the whole field to be in the pitlane at the same time.

Oh, ye i did it in practice so it makes good sense :) Thanks for the tips man! :) Btw do u think it would help decreasing the resolution? down to 540 or so? ;)

Hmm okay, so i just have to go fast through the Practice and qualify and then the race will be almost as normal? ;)

It only does it when there is a lot of cars in the pits. So in practice and qualifying its at its worst. But in the race you should be ok most of the time as the cars are obviously on track and its very rare for the whole field to be in the pitlane at the same time.

This. But in a nutshell, it's a frame-rate issue that Codies never patched :(

Really hoping it's fixed in 2011

Although this is the worst example of it, I have noticed that it will occur on other tracks too. In my experience, it is related to using the option tyres for whatever reason, and again normally in practice or qualifying at the same specific point on the track, not always the pit straight (had never thought it may be to do with AI in the pitlane though).

I did my first race in a while Monday night at Singapore, I got a load of lag in Q3 on the start straight, still had lag all the way into turn 4! Probably is related to the number of cars in the pitlane given the way the track curves back on itself up to turn 4...

What kind of PS3 you've got ? Fat or Slim ?

I'm asking because my frien has Slim version 250GB and he got lag also in Monaco. (same in Fifa11-game just freezes for 2 sec.)
But my 80GB Fat PS3 don't do such things.

Don't know why new ones does.

During a race weekend there are frame rate drops at every circuit in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of F1 2010, the game is poorly optimized for these consoles.

Yeah I get framerate drops on every single track, mostly during qualifying. I thought it was my disc but doesn't seem to be the case. Hopefully F1 2011 will be better in this regard. It's not gamebreaking for me but it is annoying.

Back