F40 for S-7?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TommyKnockers
  • 8 comments
  • 1,394 views
Messages
2
Messages
TomKnock
Hi all,

I've read the threads about completing S-7 with great interest, as I'm currently struggling with this race, as am many others.

Am I correct in assuming, that the Ford GT LM Test is the way to go, to complete this race? And that the Elise someone also mentioned was good, is not so great for this particular race anymore, after the latest update?

I currently have 218.000 credits, so I can get the Ford GT LM soon, but would I be able to save some credits, by getting the F40 instead (at 400.000 as I recall?) and use that, to complete S-7 also?

Or is the F40 not suited for this race at all, and I'm better off getting the GT LM and then saving again for the F40, witch is needed in S-6?

I don't mind at all using 300.000 for the LM, and then saving again - I'll have to get used to saving up, when it's time to get the F1 anyway, he he :)

BTW - a small tip for those who don't know (I'm sure you all do, but for any newbies out there): You can turn off auto-save and then buy a car, test it on the events, and if you don't like it, just quit the game without saving - then when you restart you'll have your credits back, ready for new ventures :)

I really love this forum, and the advice all you hard-core racers give us, is just priceless - Thank you very much, to all you great contributers!
 
And I can now answer the question myself :)

The answer is NO, you can only get the F40 up to about 660 p. points or so, not enough to be competitive. I did get a taste of the S-6 race just now, and man - that seems even more impossible, than S-7 but I guess it's not :)
 
GTLM is awesome but it takes a bit more care and attention than the 4wd contenders.

In my opinion it's worth persevering with but there's easier rides out there - EVO-X or R35-GT to name but two.

By the way - I wouldn't be in such a hurry to buy the F2007 - it's a bit of a joke and way too easy to drive. I'm miffed cos I coulda used that 2mil to buy some cool cars :grumpy:
 
I wanted to ask the same question, but I want to know which is better for S-7, The Ford Gt Test Car, Blitz's Skyline, or Amuse's S2000. Whenever I race, The Amuse always gets so far ahead, so I thought that would be the best car. Does anyone have a answer?:confused:
 
I wanted to ask the same question, but I want to know which is better for S-7, The Ford Gt Test Car, Blitz's Skyline, or Amuse's S2000. Whenever I race, The Amuse always gets so far ahead, so I thought that would be the best car. Does anyone have a answer?:confused:

There is no answer. All depends on YOU. The amuse is fast thru the corners but slow as hell on the straights, the Ford is fast on the straights but very fiddly on the bendy bits and loses to the Amuse. The Mines is a lot more forgiving than both the above, on account of the 4wd factor but a good pilot in either an S2000 or a GT LM will leave it for dead.
 
I used a tuned Z06 Tuned. I think I may be the only one from all the posts I've read so far to complete the race with a Z06. Anybody else?
 
I got through (silver, by about -2.500) using the GTR '07. Better driving would have helped (less penalties anyway). If you are really stuck, I'll post the settings as best I can remember tomorrow. Mine's could only get me to 4th, even with almost perfect runs. - using game controller, not a wheel.
 
I checked out the folowing cars for competition in S7. I ranked them from best (lowest numbers) to more difficult (higher numbers). You should be able to win if you run a "penalty free race" in any car ranked between 2 and 3.

Best::)

Ford GT LM Spec II = 2
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo = 2
Chevrolette Z06 (not tuned) = 2
Ford GT '06 = 2
Nissan GT-r '07 = 2
Dodge Viper SRT10/Tuned = 2.5

Medium::indiff:

Mine's BNR34 Skyline = 3
Chevrolet Corvette Z06/Tuned = 4

More Difficult::crazy:
Lancer EVO IX/Tuned = 4.5
Blitz Dunlop E34 = 5

A few tips may help also.

Watch for cars that run wide and go off track (especially Blitz, Mine's, and Art Morrisson Corvette), because they will come back on track on your blind side and hit you - guess what - you get the penalty.

When in Medium/More Difficult cars, watch the Amuse S2000 and Ford GT at the end of the straight, they will draft you and one another and get aa full head of steam before solowing for the frist turn. If you see them coming, move to the right (inside of the turn) and make them take the long way around. If they get to the inside and hit you, you get the penalty.

Also watch cars that somehow get to the inside of a turn on you, if you make contact, you get pehnalized.
 
Back