Faazination CTR Yellow Bird Nurburgring Run

• Thread starter K3Tuning
  • 13 comments

K3Tuning

(Banned)
United States
United States
The Faszination video from the late 90's is still one sick run of the Nurburgring. Tail sliding, tires smoking RuF made this video to demo how the RuF YB gets down pushed for more than a top speed. RuF cars above all else are fun to drive and like to be slide around corners. When I first saw the car I fell in love and Gran Turismo has had a virtual version of the pre production proto type used in top speed runs and the Faszination video. Blessed, its been one if the things to do in GT, take the YB to the Nurb and make some smoke.

A Faszination Run is not a drift lap, not a hot lap, its something in the middle. You got to rip up the trackdrifting as much as possible without scrubbing off too much momentum. The YB has a rhythim to how you drive it and when you find it, Pure Bliss.

Fully Stock, no adjustments made to settings not even brakes. 5/5 ;) no assist, turn both TCS and ABS to Zero original tires. Arcade Time Trial Nurburgring and that's all folks.

Last edited:
The same combo was used in GT4 many years ago, this challenge is demanding as hell! :lol:
I watched a run from an experienced alien of GT4 and thought to give it a go as well. I only managed one full & clear lap, after many spins and T-bones on the barriers :D

His lap:

I have no idea how much better or worse it will be in GT6.

Last edited:
The same combo was used in GT4 many years ago, this challenge is demanding as hell! :lol:
I watched a run from an experienced alien of GT4 and thought to give it a go as well. I only managed one full & clear lap, after many spins and T-bones on the barriers :D

His lap:

I have no idea how much better or worse it will be in GT6.

So what you think of my run

We run the lap inside a second of each other, I think I slide a bit more but much better replay + smoke effect in GT6

This is a Sunday Drive for me.

So what you think of my run

We run the lap inside a second of each other, I think I slide a bit more but much better replay + smoke effect in GT6

This is a Sunday Drive for me.
The lap that HOLL01 drove in GT4 was very hard N1 tyres:yuck:i tryed this and failed more than 12 secs i think very fast lap:boggled:

I haven't thought of GT4 tire selection in years..

Did lil looking up history lol

Seems N tires have been eliminated. They were kinda a way of adding more SiM I guess, info says relative grip to the S tires in GT4 but with added realism. Sounds to me like tires without SRF Lmfao nothing came with them and they were free, they were the More SIM tire of the day. I think if you remove all assist in GT6 its pretty much doing what they were doing way back then with Normal/Standard tires.

Give it a go in GT6, better physics and much better smoke effect, it has smoke lol they nailed the car as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
@paddycars1 did you test a lot of cars on ring on gt5 or 6 and had vids on yt.. If so can you please tell me your channel ?

Also sorry for off topic.. But watching GT4 beeing still a good game and I bought ps3 and dfgt only for gt5 and gt6 I really don't have enough motivation to buy ps4 and ANOTHER wheel just for GTS.. Does anyone feel that way too?

Regarding the YB I saw some really great vids with it on ring.. Some really skilled drivers in here.. I think I would have to play for like a week only with YB on NN to make decent lap and I concider myself pretty fast on ring.. But have problems even with cars like Stratos.. I think my drifting skills are not that great..

Also sorry for off topic.. But watching GT4 beeing still a good game and I bought ps3 and dfgt only for gt5 and gt6 I really don't have enough motivation to buy ps4 and ANOTHER wheel just for GTS.. Does anyone feel that way too
I'm the same mate, there isn't that many game I like on PS4 to make me buy one.
That's why I still play GT6, it's still great game.

Do you still play gt6?
If so check out the CHALLENGE HUB.

I'm the same mate, there isn't that many game I like on PS4 to make me buy one.
That's why I still play GT6, it's still great game.

Do you still play gt6?
If so check out the CHALLENGE HUB.

I actually play GT5 atm.. I will probably play GT6 also.. But can't find my disc..
Challenge hub sounds fun. I'll join when I find time and the disc..

I like online racing and stuff but to I just want to play GT on PS and whatchig videos of GTS I just don't see any reason to buy ps4+wheel+game.

I'll wait for GT7.. I hope they make turn around little bit and dedicate more time to career mode and stuff that made whole GT series special.

Back