Failed to create a room

United States
United States
Every time I try to create a room it says "failed to create a room" this just started a few weeks ago. I've never had this issue before its always worked just fine. I thought it would go away but it hasn't. All updates are current and I use an Ethernet cord. Also last night the room I was in with my friends from work we all kept getting disconnected from the server. Are these two issues are related? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!

It was doing the exact same stuff to me and others a few days ago. I haven't had time to get back online since then but it seems nothing has changed. Don't look for things to improve as they have given up on the GT6 servers. We are left with the flaws and hackers until Sony pulls the plug.

It's a complete pain to reinstall it and you have to do it one update at a time because if dont and try to reinstall the whole thing at once it will fail. You looking at 12hr + to reinstall. You can backup all your saved game data on a USB flash drive.

Every time I try to create a room it says "failed to create a room" this just started a few weeks ago. I've never had this issue before its always worked just fine. I thought it would go away but it hasn't. All updates are current and I use an Ethernet cord. Also last night the room I was in with my friends from work we all kept getting disconnected from the server. Are these two issues are related? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Have you tried clearing the Network Cache recently?

Options -> Network -> Clear System Cache

Yes I've tried that. Multiple times. I always clear it before I get online. Can I clear the cache on my ps3?
Nope.

You could also try Options -> Game Data -> Salvage Files and see what happens. Assuming nothing at all, in the PS3 XMB can you do an Internet Connection Test (Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Test) and paste the information here?

Nope.

You could also try Options -> Game Data -> Salvage Files and see what happens. Assuming nothing at all, in the PS3 XMB can you do an Internet Connection Test (Settings -> Network Settings -> Internet Connection Test) and paste the information here?

Ok I can do that

Found a similar issue on my end. Cannot open rooms, but can join no problem. Found out it might be a UPNP issue. My internet provider (AT&T) provides routers that don't allow UPNP, so I'm basically screwed. If anyone knows of any solutions I would be very grateful.

This is what you asked for?

Attachments

• 20170923_171152.jpg
    20170923_171152.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 24
Found a similar issue on my end. Cannot open rooms, but can join no problem. Found out it might be a UPNP issue. My internet provider (AT&T) provides routers that don't allow UPNP, so I'm basically screwed. If anyone knows of any solutions I would be very grateful.

I have AT&T too

My internet provider (AT&T) provides routers that don't allow UPNP, so I'm basically screwed. If anyone knows of any solutions I would be very grateful.
Looks like you're both in the same boat.

What you'll need to do is either set up Port Forwarding or take the simpler option of putting the PS3 into the router's DMZ.
See here: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/upnp
And here: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

In either case you'll have to give the PS3 a static IP address in network settings on the console and in your router. There may be a simple Port Forwarding system, but if not there should be a simple DMZ system that allows you to put one device outside the firewall and negating the need for Port Forwarding.

Looks like you're both in the same boat.

What you'll need to do is either set up Port Forwarding or take the simpler option of putting the PS3 into the router's DMZ.
See here: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/upnp
And here: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

In either case you'll have to give the PS3 a static IP address in network settings on the console and in your router. There may be a simple Port Forwarding system, but if not there should be a simple DMZ system that allows you to put one device outside the firewall and negating the need for Port Forwarding.
Tried it and it didn't work, I'm not even joking. I figured it would work and tried it out to no success. Very disappointed that it didn't work, just don't know what else to do.

Every time I try to create a room it says "failed to create a room" this just started a few weeks ago. I've never had this issue before its always worked just fine. I thought it would go away but it hasn't. All updates are current and I use an Ethernet cord.

It started for me a few weeks ago also, and I have AT&T. Like you guys, this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I've got to believe it's an AT&T issue. There's no reason why it worked, then didn't. I've googled and all I find is the same solutions that don't work.

Would PD do something like this? I had a quick match-er rage at me in Spanish ( I DID know the swear words he used) . The next time I tried to create a room, I couldn't, so I was wondering if he reported me and PD did something to my console. I'm having this trouble on my two accounts. Sounds stupid, but then it's PD.

Back