Family cup +10 in my Subaru setup.

• Thread starter SVX
  • 12 comments

SVX

The White Comet
Premium
New Zealand
Wellington
Hello Everyone I will tell you about a race that I just did.

FAMILY CUP + 10​

Car used: 1994 Subaru WRX with 494 BHP.

The grid was:

1st: Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3
2nd: VW W12 Nardo Concept
3rd: Tommy Kaira ZZll
4th: Mercedes SLR Mclaren
5th: Cadillac Cien
6th:(ME!)1994 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI (GC)

147 A spec points Trail mountain Normal

We started off well kinda :lol: I had wheelspin but no problem
however because I quickly caught up with the Cien we
started to be neck and neck well until... I moved him
Out of the way 5TH. I then also pass the SLR,VW
and then in a few seconds I pass the ZZll
That puts me in 2nd We are now up by the mountain
turns then I try to go to the inside of the turn Well kinda:lol:I bump the
Zonda
so I can get in the corner that puts me in 1ST! Yay! we go pass
the big strait in to the corners again I was a amazed
managed to say in front of them in the straight by 1
second! Passed the line into lap 2 the car is starting to
understeer but that is ok I am beating them quite a bit I
am starting to do wide turns now because of the cars
understeer but after the straight the problem goes but it was actually my fault I wasn't turning properly. into the corners I go. Pass the finish line... I WON :):):):) YAY!

Thanks for reading:):cheers:

Last edited:
I had a read of this little tink tink and you made a couple of little naughty things happen which make people go "Nope, not reading anymore of this!".

1. Don't bump the other cars (ie. the Zonda), that's like an instant DQ for you. ;)

2. What is meant by this phrase: "We are now up by the mountain turns then I to of the turn". :confused:

On a positive, put this rexy setup in your 'Pimped Out' garage anyway little tink tink, to give others the opportunity to see how they go with your stuff. 👍 Anytime you can beat an L10 FC lineup, it's deserved. :cool:

1.I try not to hit the other cars but when I am in the inside they move me into the grass

2.Typo Thanks for Reading the car also had 494BHP

Last edited:
SVX
1.I try not to hit the other cars but when I am in the inside they move me into the grass

I hate it when they do that too. That and braking for no reason. :ouch:

Congrats for beating the Lv.10 family cup, theres no club but you have the satisfaction of knowing you can beat Zondas in an Impreza. :D:tup:

Although I'll be the first (unless someone trees be between now and me clicking submit) to say that if you're going to post race reports, things like the finishing results with all the times listed is a must, its all good saying you won, but the gap between 1st and 2nd is always more interesting. Pictures are a welcome addition too. Theres track maps posted by AMG in a sticky which will help you identify the corners easier in your report. Whilst you may know what you mean, the readers may not.

If thats too much to read and take in, just take a look at any race report Smallhorses has ever posted. Those are (in my opinion) the nicest laid out reports around. :D

Adding to what other members have already said, you will want to use proper grammar in your posts ;) That makes them more professional. Congratulations on beating the Family Cup +10. May as well try to do some races without tuning. Something tells me you tuned your Impreza after you started the race. Normally, the point would go around 190 to 200.

EDIT: Sorry, I just found out you were too young. My words may seem a little harsh for you, so I'm sorry. 👍

Yea me too, everyone. :guilty: I started to read this thinking here we're gonna have this demon driver hotshot who skillfully buzzes by all these super-cars..then it's like:

well i bumped this guy.. and i kinda pushed this one out the way.....

Not a "gentleman's" racer, for sure. 👎

I mean, ask yourself this: would Fangio have done such things back when he drove? Of course not.

I personally care little for lap times & race data (tho i DO like specs)...and not everyone has the capability to put up pictures, but if you do another race, SVX, perhaps you should try doing a +1 or +2 and run fairly???

I mean, ask yourself this: would Fangio have done such things back when he drove? Of course not.
If Fangio bumped people like that when he drove, he would've crashed and killed himself or gotten seriously injured.

And, besides, most of us have the sense not to do that IRL.
Notice I said "most of us".:dopey:

Oh, and, SVX, you use the word "yay" too much. You're 9, you should know that you shouldn't use that word when talking to older people. :lol:

Doesn't the LOL smilie look like it has three nostrils? :lol:

Last edited:
I can't believe this! Nonsense! How can't you know one of (if not THE) best drivers of the history of motorsport? It's an Argentine sports-hero! Please, do me a favor and instruct yourself! :lol:
That.
Reading that page brings a tear to my eye. :( Such a man...
So true man. Brlilliant man. Like Keke Rosberg. Or even Niki Lauda. Or Not like the drivers of today (stares at Massa and Hamilton)

SVX, congratulations. Welcome to the (unofficial but hopefully soon to be formed) +10 Family Cup in outgunned car club.

Happy Hunting!

Back