Famine's Review - Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 2 comments
  • 890 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,446
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Futurama - great show, killed before its time, then crudely resurrected again only to be probably killed off again. Perhaps.

Seeing as the QoS review was long, I'm going to keep this one short...

Futurama film 1: Bender's Big Score - Very funny. As good as some of the series' better episodes. Got a bit weird towards the end. A solid 8/10
Futurama film 2: The Beast With a Billion Backs - Funny for the first half. And then just plain odd. Apparently the writers forgot Fry's mantra about TV viewers... "at the end [of every show], everything's right back to normal". A wobbly 5/10
Futurama film 3: Bender's Game - Err. A distinctly confusing 4/10

So... diminshing returns or has the slide been halted?

Tune in next week to find out...



Only kidding. Wild Green Yonder is right back on form - they kept the funny going for the full 88 minutes this time (a little "The Devil's Hands" at the end there, but we'll forgive them for that. Again). To keep this review short - if you liked ANY Futurama, you're in for a good nearly-hour-and-a-half of funny (and the spaceship chase will give you a good giggle).

Summary in 10 words or less: A good way for Futurama to die.

Rating? Banoffee pie.
 
Yeah, Bender's Game was a whole lot of weird... its rambling non-linearity was almost unwatchable, but I think it had its moments.

The Wild Green Yonder was defo a lot of fun. Very clever plotting. Tons of gags. I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't figure out the villain until the very end... the movie just keeps you on your toes.
 
I really didn't like Beast With a Billion Backs, so I was hoping this one turned out better. I'm glad that it did.
 
Back