Famous Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smuttysy
  • 10 comments
  • 3,424 views
Messages
1,382
United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Messages
Smuttysy
I've been thinking about this, admittedly for a little longer than is normal, which "famous" cars have you tried to recreate?

So far I've managed to get close with a couple, but probably could do better.

Dodge Charger from Dukes of Hazzard (Colour is from the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 - Hugger Orange)
EigerNordwandKTrail.jpg


Shelby GT350 Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds - Not really as close a match as I'd like, but the colour was as near as I could find. (Audi RS6 '02 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect. Not from the premium RS6, although I think it's also similar)
TrialMountainCircuit.jpg


Now I stuck away from the obvious plain white oldskool beetle for Herbie but has anyone else got some that would fall into the lines of "famous", or particularly well known?

I've also done a few that loosley resemble the Top Secret cars, but getting the right gold colour for that is a nightmare! So far I've only found a close match with the Autumn Gold Metallic, from a Chevelle SS 454 '70 or Corvette Coupe (C2) '63, but getting hold of them is like finding rocking horse poopies!!
(If anyone has some chips of this they don't mind ridding themselves of please PM me and we'll talk trades)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DeLorean.

There was a red 1971 Mustang Mach 1 in Diamonds are Forever (albeit a 429 Cobra Jet rather than the 351 in the game).
The Eleanor in the original Gone in 60 Seconds was a 1973 Mach 1, but that's still pretty close (sorta. It was actually a 1971 Mach 1 made to look like a 1973 Mach 1, so that actually makes them the same car).
 
Shelby GT350 Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds - Not really as close a match as I'd like, but the colour was as near as I could find. (Audi RS6 '02 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect. Not from the premium RS6, although I think it's also similar)

As Toronado said, the original was a '73 Mach 1. And in the remake, it was a '67 GT500, not GT350. I like the color you found for it though 👍 I'm gonna hafta do that now
 
@Smuttsy, the original DoH Charger is in Go Man-Go, I believe you can buy that on one of the Dodges (possibly the Challenger).

EDIT: Well, I might have to stand corrected. This guy seems to know what he's talking about, even if I don't :D

JamesBest.com
Often a hot topic among true Dukes fans. Most would agree it was not a factory Hemi Orange paint color - which would seem most natural considering it is a Mopar. Of all things a GM color seems to be the most popular considered screen accurate color called 1975 Corvette Flame Red (Code 70). Others include Hugger Orange and Big Bad Orange.
 
Last edited:
I think the Hugger Orange is the closest match in the game, well, closest I found anyway, >:0)
I really wished they'd have put the GT500 in, as it's that one I remember, as I've only seen the recent remake.

I've found a good Top Secret tuning paint, but it's on the oldskool Ferrari. A rather expensive paintjob!! The only other one is on a random UCD Chevelle. If only I'd managed to sort out the "cloning" system earlier!
Now, I'm on the lookout for a Candy Pink, like that used by Abflug.
 
Last edited:
Toronado
DeLorean.

Love this car! Also, the time travel feature does seem to be in the game, which is thoughtful of PD. Several times I've finished 5th/6th in an online race, only to be awarded the win. Check the rankings, and I'm still in 5th, but with a time that is 40+seconds faster than anyone else. And it only happens to me in this car.

That's what I get for hitting 88mph...
 
Love this car! Also, the time travel feature does seem to be in the game, which is thoughtful of PD. Several times I've finished 5th/6th in an online race, only to be awarded the win. Check the rankings, and I'm still in 5th, but with a time that is 40+seconds faster than anyone else. And it only happens to me in this car.

That's what I get for hitting 88mph...
Is it the same DeLorean that generates 1.21 giggawatts and has a flux capacitor?
 
I could've sworn there was a thread just like this in the Photomode forum, but I failed to find it for you. I guess that means you can put this thread over there or made a new one. :D I'm sure there are a bunch of photomode lovers who've made reality-inspired cars in GT5.
 
Shame there isn't a premium Deloreon, where the aero mods make it into the one from the movie!!
 
Smuttysy
Shame there isn't a premium Deloreon, where the aero mods make it into the one from the movie!!

I just want to be able to leave flaming tire marks on the tarmac :) Seriously though, I find that car is an absolute pig to drive online, as one little nudge on the back and you're facing the other way. I don't even get angry when people spin me out in that car, because it is so ridiculously easy to do.
 
Back