Fanatec Advent Calendar

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 14 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
календар.png

Please read the rules and play fair:
  • Every day from Dec 1st to Dec 24th we will put one unit of one of our products or bundles on auction
  • The starting price is 1€ on all those products
  • The auction ends when the end time is reached or when the maximum price is reached
  • Each product will get a guaranteed discount between 10% and 90%. The exact end price is unknown to the bidder.
  • A registered Fanatec user can only place one bid. It is not allowed to create more than two customer accounts per household.
  • The placed bid is not a specific amount but an increment of 5€ to the current bid.
  • The bids can be viewed in real time. It is not necessary to refresh the page.
  • The auctions will start at a random time between 9am and 9pm CET and the duration is also random from 10 minutes to 15 hours.
Enjoy the game and happy bidding!

Sign in here.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
Where the hell was this 11 days ago when it started!?!? CSL Elite for $211 I would have bought. Plus inverted pedals for $11!!! Are you kidding me?

Where the hell was this 11 days ago when it started!?!? CSL Elite for $211 I would have bought. Plus inverted pedals for $11!!! Are you kidding me?

True. the thing is, you have to win. Additionally, you can't always wait until the end because some of the max prices are set. You could have an auction end an hour and fifteen minutes in to the 2 hour set time, which I believe has happened at least once.

It was here and I was secretly hoping it would stay quiet thanks @Jordan!!!

Kidding all happy holidays and good luck!

The original "invite" I received stated that the "auction" for each day would start at random times with an email being sent. Discounts were between 10-50% and you could only bid once. I got 2-3 emails then the rules changed fixed start times (5pm PST as I recall), no emails.

And because 90% off $499 is $49, I have reason to question an inverted pedal set was sold for $11.

Last edited:
The original "invite" I received stated that the "auction" for each day would start at random times with an email being sent. Discounts were between 10-50% and you could only bid once. I got 2-3 emails then the rules changed fixed start times (5pm PST as I recall), no emails.

And because 90% off $499 is $49, I have reason to question an inverted pedal set was sold for $11.

We just guarantee that it is at least 10% - 90%. I hope you don't mind if we give a higher discount.

As I have explained in my blog, this system is new to us and actually we are the first company in the world doing something like that. Therefore it takes some learning curve. But we are getting there.

We just guarantee that it is at least 10% - 90%. I hope you don't mind if we give a higher discount.

As I have explained in my blog, this system is new to us and actually we are the first company in the world doing something like that. Therefore it takes some learning curve. But we are getting there.

I don’t mind but given how slow your web site can be, why limit bids to a two hour window? How about allowing one bid anytime before the auction starts?

Why wasn’t the original plan working?

I don’t mind but given how slow your web site can be, why limit bids to a two hour window? How about allowing one bid anytime before the auction starts?

Why wasn’t the original plan working?

Absolutely no offense intended to you on this, Keluna, but I actually like the two hour window they now have set up for the auction. This is a whole month and I believe this time frame avoids it from being burdensome with people's time to constantly monitor throughout the day...even if it is allowed to start beforehand.

No offense at all - for me the 2 hour window is at a bad time of the day.

As I understand the new rules - it's really a drawing with the winner being the person entering the contest closest to the end of the 2 hour window.

No offense at all - for me the 2 hour window is at a bad time of the day.

As I understand the new rules - it's really a drawing with the winner being the person entering the contest closest to the end of the 2 hour window.

Not really. The auction in Europe just ended after Min 41 seconds as the minimum price was reached.

Our auction system is entirely different. Please carefully read the rules. We want to give everybody a fair chance. This is working great in the US as the time to bid is longer. Not sure why the Europeans bid so much faster than in the US.

First thanks for doing this.

Second,
  • A registered Fanatec user can only place ONE bid per day.
  • The bid which reaches the maximum price or the last bid when the auction ends, wins.
  • The placed bid is not a specific amount but an increment of 1$ to the current bid.
Two ways to "win" either be the last bid, or the last bid closest to an unknown price.
Either way the amount I bid is not relevant as long as it's more than the unknown set price.

Again thanks for doing this, I'm only interested in understanding your "auction system", and will stop here.

Last edited:
Todays complete ultimate simrig with a value of about €5000 and the winner of todays auction won it for only €1642. Nice deal!
I pushed the button at €99 :)

Really had fun to participate in this new daily auction. Great work Thomas! And for now enjoy Christmas and NewYear and then hop, hop get those McLaren GT3 rims ready asap ;)

Back