Fanatec belt driven bases FFB settings

• Thread starter aaron0288
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
aaron0288
Wonder if any of you with either the CSL Elite or Clubsport wheel bases could share your settings and experiences, either for PS4 or PC (having just gone from PS4 to PC, can confirm they’re quite similar. Xbox sounds like it’s way off).

I’m having a bit of a mare pinning mine down on my CSL elite. I’m the closest to being happy with the ones below, but still feel like I’m missing some detail. It’s widely regarded to leave the belt driven bases at FF100 and change the gain on game. Has anyone tried the opposite? Just wondered if you could attain more detail this way. Or does it introduce clipping?

I’ve tested Dynamic damping at different levels and have just come to the conclusion I prefer it off. Makes the wheel feel too “digital” for my liking. Open to suggestions when paired with other settings though.

Any thoughts/tips appreciated.

Drift -1
Ff - 100
FEI- 60
Force - 100
Brf - 90
Sho - 100
Spring - 100
Dpr - 100

Game

Gain - 58
Dynamic d - 0
Road affects - 0

Last edited:
Wonder if any of you with either the CSL Elite or Clubsport wheel bases could share your settings and experiences, either for PS4 or PC (having just gone from PS4 to PC, can confirm they’re quite similar. Xbox sounds like it’s way off).

I’m having a bit of a mare pinning mine down on my CSL elite. I’m the closest to being happy with the ones below, but still feel like I’m missing some detail. It’s widely regarded to leave the belt driven bases at FF100 and change the gain on game. Has anyone tried the opposite? Just wondered if you could attain more detail this way. Or does it introduce clipping?

I’ve tested Dynamic damping at different levels and have just come to the conclusion I prefer it off. Makes the wheel feel too “digital” for my liking. Open to suggestions when paired with other settings though.

Any thoughts/tips appreciated.

Drift -1
Ff - 100
FEI- 60
Force - 100
Brf - 90
Sho - 100
Spring - 100
Dpr - 100

Game

Gain - 58
Dynamic d - 0
Road affects - 0

Dont know which platform you re using, but I think that the value for Dinamic Damping should be close to 100%, as for the rest more or less ok, maybe reduce Fei just a little bit too... (or not) :) For my personal taste.. usually reduce Dpr a lot too... but that´s me,,,

Important for PS4 and Xbox is ... Sens ... in these platforms you coud put Aut and then on the game you ll need to change steering lock accordingly to cars... you may also set SEns equal to the custom car steering ngle

acc angle of cars gt3
Car's turning angle (SEN):

1. Aston Martin – 064

2. Audi R8 – 090

3. Bentley Continental ‘15/’18 – 064

4. BMW M6 – 064

5. Jaguar – 072

6. Ferrari 488 – 052

7. Honda NSX – 064

8. Lamborghini Huracan GT3/ST – 072

9. Lexus RCF – 072

10. McLaren 650s – 052

11. Mercedes AMG – 064

12. Nissan GTR ‘15/’18 – 064

13. Porsche ‘17/’18 – 080

14. R-EX – 074

acc angle of cars gt4

480 degrees
KTM
McLaren

490 degrees
Mercedes

500 degrees
BMW

640 degrees
Vantage

720 degrees
Alpine
Audi
Camaro
Ginetta

800 degrees
Porsche

900 degrees
Maserati

Did say in my original post I’ve been on PS4, just moved to PC ;) So yes, well aware of changing SEN for each car on the console. Something I don’t miss at all now I’m on PC!

As I also said, I’ve tried Dynamic damping on, at varying levels, and have just come to the conclusion that I don’t like it, whether Aris says it should be at 100% or not. It just feels too digital to me. Although it may be down to the fact he’s on a DD wheelbase and just not getting that feeling. Reading also that the Fanatec stuff might be bugged on ACC too with the latest drivers. I get a notchy feeling just off centre at the mo which isn’t helping.

I’m just looking for a bit more detail and I’m finding myself getting almost obsessed with changing settings to get it just right. Which is counterintuitive to getting muscle memory for the FFB and just enjoying playing the game. CSL Elites are going for silly money at the mo so might be time to sell and go for a DD base. Maybe I’m wanting more than what the CSL can provide for me.

Thanks for your post :)

Did say in my original post I’ve been on PS4, just moved to PC ;) So yes, well aware of changing SEN for each car on the console. Something I don’t miss at all now I’m on PC!

As I also said, I’ve tried Dynamic damping on, at varying levels, and have just come to the conclusion that I don’t like it, whether Aris says it should be at 100% or not. It just feels too digital to me. Although it may be down to the fact he’s on a DD wheelbase and just not getting that feeling. Reading also that the Fanatec stuff might be bugged on ACC too with the latest drivers. I get a notchy feeling just off centre at the mo which isn’t helping.

I’m just looking for a bit more detail and I’m finding myself getting almost obsessed with changing settings to get it just right. Which is counterintuitive to getting muscle memory for the FFB and just enjoying playing the game. CSL Elites are going for silly money at the mo so might be time to sell and go for a DD base. Maybe I’m wanting more than what the CSL can provide for me.

Thanks for your post :)

I consider the price for DD wheels to be unacceptable unless you are (or intend to be) a real pro on E-sports racing...

CSL Elites are going for silly money at the mo so might be time to sell and go for a DD base. Maybe I’m wanting more than what the CSL can provide for me.

I have a Simucube 2 sport and the CSL.
Sure the DD feels better largely because of the higher fidelity providing more feedback, but honestly there is not a +$1000 difference.
The Elite is fantastic value and provides great subtle effects while staying quiet and smooth.
I don’t regret buying a DD but I obviously hyped myself up to the point where upon delivery it wasn’t quite the extreme difference I had read to expect.
Do you have a friend with one or the ability to try before you buy?

I have a Simucube 2 sport and the CSL.
Sure the DD feels better largely because of the higher fidelity providing more feedback, but honestly there is not a +$1000 difference.
The Elite is fantastic value and provides great subtle effects while staying quiet and smooth.
I don’t regret buying a DD but I obviously hyped myself up to the point where upon delivery it wasn’t quite the extreme difference I had read to expect.
Do you have a friend with one or the ability to try before you buy?

I’ve got over that phase now haha! Managed to nail my settings and after rolling back to a previous motor firmware for the CSL and finally managing to get rid of the horrible notchy feeling around centre, I’m very happy with how ACC feels now. So all good.

Back