Fanatec BMW GT2 wheel with GT Sport

• Thread starter RB_109
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
Anyone using the BMW wheel with GTS? Trying to work through some issues:

Intermittently the brakes apply - brake lights flicker while driving

Car goes into a neutral and will not move regardless of gear changes

Digital display does not display speed, gear changes, etc - might be a PC options only

I have that wheel. Mine works fine though. I don’t think the digital readout is supported on GTS. It does work with Assetto Corsa though.

With regards to the braking. The only thing I can think of is that the brake pedal calibrated incorrectly. Make sure that when you start up your wheel that your feet are off the pedals.

For the gear issue try assigning the shifters to two other buttons just to check that there isn’t an issue with the paddles.

Intermittently the brakes apply - brake lights flicker while driving
I have this aswell with my CSL pedals (no LC), it's so minimal i don't even see it in the brake bar... Would be fixed if PD lets you to set 1% brake deadzone.

I’m using the V3 inverted Clubsport pedals - the brake issue wasn’t there with the original PS4 wheel. Can’t see how changing the wheel would cause that.

Wish the display would work with GTS - maybe Project Cars 2, I’ll have to try that later.

Crazy how you can search for this wheel with PS4 and nothing comes up.

I’m using the V3 inverted Clubsport pedals - the brake issue wasn’t there with the original PS4 wheel. Can’t see how changing the wheel would cause that.

Wish the display would work with GTS - maybe Project Cars 2, I’ll have to try that later.

Crazy how you can search for this wheel with PS4 and nothing comes up.

For what it is worth, the brake flickering issue becomes fairly common with Logitech G25/G27/G29 pedals.

The cause is largely because after a while, dust gets into the pedal potentiometers and they need to be cleaned out. I am guessing it is probably the same for your pedals, but you might want to check if it is still under warranty before you take everything apart.

Reference:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ogitech-g25-g27-pedal-pontentiometers.247510/

Another question - does anyone know what is under the “BMW” logo? It’s cool and all, but it would be nice to make it brand neutral...

Another question - does anyone know what is under the “BMW” logo? It’s cool and all, but it would be nice to make it brand neutral...

Nothing. It’s held on with 2 way tape only. You could put pretty much anything in there.

0BF6C1AE-23A1-4A53-ACBB-B5A0B8BDA4F6.jpeg

Thanks.

It looks like there were two prongs holding the emblem on, did they break?

For my breaking issue, I traced it down to a wire in one of the connectors on my pedal assembly. Now it’s perfect - no shifting issues either.

The wheel feels great, but the shifters are a bit light - anyone try the SRM shifter magnets?

Back