Fanatec Button Mapping

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rhino_WJB
  • 4 comments
  • 1,545 views

Rhino_WJB

Premium
Messages
114
United Kingdom
Leeds, UK
Messages
Rhino_WJB
I am unable to see an answer to this question from using search, so posting here to see if anyone can help.

Just set up my new GT3 RS V2 wheel & I cannot seem to alter the button mapping within GT5. I read on another forum the "Driving Force Pro" must be remapped for the Fanatec, but having done this on both Driving Force Pro 1 and 2, it has made no difference.

Anyone know which wheel settings I must alter for this to work?

Thanks.
 
When they added the G25/G27, Fanatec wheels were moved to the G25 profile. At least my GT3 is, I think they all are but not sure off the top of my head. It's no longer the DFP, at any rate.

Use player 2 if you wish to use the DS3 as well -- that needs to be contoller 1 to function in the menus. I personally use the DS3 for menu navigation, the RA menu commands and for the largely useless windshield wiper toggle. Everything else fits nicely on the wheel's buttons, using the two separate buttons for the headlights.
 
Thanks, Morgoth, that's perfect. G25 profile is confirmed to be correct.

Got my buttons set up how I like them again, now I just have to "re-learn" how to manually shift. How hard is it to make a decent clutch simulation? I've just had an hour or so in LFS and the clutch there feels fine. If a dev team of 3-4 guys can manage it, surely PD could at least match it! Anyway, that's enough of thread-jacking my own topic :lol:

Thanks for the help, appreciated.
 
Glad I could help. I still havent picked up a shifter set for mine so GT5 won't even give me the option of using the clutch.
 
If you would only use a shifter for GT5, at this stage I really wouldn't bother getting one, for two reasons:

1. The clutch system is poorly implemented and the car very regularly misses the shift and ends up in N.
2. If you use clutch online, you will very likely get beasted by the drivers who do not.

I went from a G25 using the manual shifter and really struggling with the clutch, to a Dual Force GT (where of course clutch is not an option), to the GT3. During the time I had been away from using a manual clutch, I was hoping it would have been fixed in GT5, or at the least marginally improved. No such luck.

Just my £0.02.
 
Back