Fanatec Club Sport base overdriving on startup

• Thread starter PitWrench
  • 0 comments
United States
United States
I am attempting to repair a CSW V1.5 wheel base that I purchased in non-working condition (without a wheel). Before replacing the apparently fried motor, I managed to update the firmware and confirm that it showed some signs of life, even without a wheel attached.

After replacing the motor assembly, it now rotates clockwise to the stop, then quickly counterclockwise at which point the motor keeps driving even after it reaches the stop in that direction. Only unplugging the power will make it stop. This could explain why the base was described as "overheating" and the motor assembly it came with couldn't complete the startup up sequence. Also, during the startup, the fans are not running, but both fans bench tested OK.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so, what turned out to be the failing part. I don't want to just blindly replace any more parts (if they're even available) without some hint of what the problem is. I was also hoping to avoid investing in a wheel without first knowing that the base works. I have CSR Elite wheel base, so I have some insight into what a functioning base acts like.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Back