Fanatec clubsport pedals v3 ps4 compatibility

• Thread starter TgTenka
  • 21 comments
Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe
Hello everyone, im new on the forum.

My plan is to buy a proper wheel and pedal set, i am going to be playing gt sport mostly. I was wondering, does fanatecs slubsport v3 pedals work on ps4, and on gt sport? I am looking to buy the fanatec csl elite wheel and those pedals, and ive read that so far the wheel had some problems on the demo, but it should work on the full version of the game, has anyone confirmed that it will work?

Looking forward to racing with you people! 👍

I used my V3 pedals with the CSL Elite wheel during the open beta. They work but there was no support for the rumble feature in the throttle and brake pedal.

On the Fanatec website someone said there's no support for the wheel on the retail version of the game with the 11GB update 1.01.

Last edited:
What is that rumble feature? Are the pedals still good to use on gt sport? I hope fanatec can solve the problem with the game and the wheel soon, i want to buy these rather than the thrustmasters new t-gt, but if i cant get fanatec to work on gt sport i have to go with the thrustmaster... Has anyone tested both wheels, fanatec and t-gt, and if so, whats the difference? I guess the bigger difference is in the pedals?

What is that rumble feature? Are the pedals still good to use on gt sport? I hope fanatec can solve the problem with the game and the wheel soon, i want to buy these rather than the thrustmasters new t-gt, but if i cant get fanatec to work on gt sport i have to go with the thrustmaster... Has anyone tested both wheels, fanatec and t-gt, and if so, whats the difference? I guess the bigger difference is in the pedals?

This is exactly the reason why PD won't make the CSL ERW compatible from the launch date due to their deal with Thrustmaster with the T-GT. People like you like to buy a new wheel/pedals etc and will simply buy what is supported/compatible with the game. Why should PD make an effort to make the CSL ERW compatible at launch when they already know it's much better then their "own" T-GT where every sale generates an income for PD? I bet after a month or later they will release a patch to make it finally work properly.

The rumble feature are little rotating motors on the pedals which start to rotate and "rumble" when e.g. your tires loose grip so you can feel it in the pedals.

I'm getting sweet vibes from my pedals in PCars2. PD better hope they're making the right moves, or PCars will be the #1 racing sim on their own platform.

This is exactly the reason why PD won't make the CSL ERW compatible from the launch date due to their deal with Thrustmaster with the T-GT. People like you like to buy a new wheel/pedals etc and will simply buy what is supported/compatible with the game. Why should PD make an effort to make the CSL ERW compatible at launch when they already know it's much better then their "own" T-GT where every sale generates an income for PD? I bet after a month or later they will release a patch to make it finally work properly.

The rumble feature are little rotating motors on the pedals which start to rotate and "rumble" when e.g. your tires loose grip so you can feel it in the pedals.
I completely agree with what your saying. It's kinda like the truth to why PD won't have compatibility for the csl elite. However it doesn't really help PD sell more copies of gt sport considering the amount of people who ordered the fanatec csl elite including myself.

If you go to the fanatec forums and read what everyone has been saying. Basically a lot of people are frustrated, sending back their wheel to fanatec..cancelling their orders on gt sport. I don't know how many have but just from first glance id say theirs quite a few.

There is an adapter called drive hub where you plug your wheel into it and into the ps4 ect and it works. Which I just ordered mine this morning because I'm not going to wait any longer just to play gt sport. (Impatient) I know I am :lol:

I do prefer the csl elite over the thrustmaster t gt any day. Never had the t gt but just from reviews and friends of mine having it and testing it the csl is the way to go even if you gotta spend the extra 80 90 dollars for the drive hub adapter to make it work on GT Sport.

Just my 2 cents :)

Btw I could be wrong but I think this thread could be in the sim racing hardware. Maybe not :D

I completely agree with what your saying. It's kinda like the truth to why PD won't have compatibility for the csl elite. However it doesn't really help PD sell more copies of gt sport considering the amount of people who ordered the fanatec csl elite including myself.

If you go to the fanatec forums and read what everyone has been saying. Basically a lot of people are frustrated, sending back their wheel to fanatec..cancelling their orders on gt sport. I don't know how many have but just from first glance id say theirs quite a few.

There is an adapter called drive hub where you plug your wheel into it and into the ps4 ect and it works. Which I just ordered mine this morning because I'm not going to wait any longer just to play gt sport. (Impatient) I know I am :lol:

I do prefer the csl elite over the thrustmaster t gt any day. Never had the t gt but just from reviews and friends of mine having it and testing it the csl is the way to go even if you gotta spend the extra 80 90 dollars for the drive hub adapter to make it work on GT Sport.

Just my 2 cents :)

Btw I could be wrong but I think this thread could be in the sim racing hardware. Maybe not :D

FYI: The "Drivehub" will make your CSL Elite behave like a Logitech G29 for your reference. Meaning, the Drivehub will emulate G29 drivers to drive your FANATEC CSL Elite for GT sport. By default the Drivehub is set to "FANALOGIC" mode, meaning it's emulating G29 drivers to drive the Fanatec CSL or even the CSW 2.0 and 2.5.

Just understand, don't completely judge the performance of the CSL elite that's using G29 emulation to drive the wheel. The experience and feel will be significantly different compared to native Fanatec support, if and once native Fanatec support is implemented. Case in point. F1 2017 supports both the G29 and the CSL elite. In my testing the feel and FFB effects behave very differently. Both work well, but native Fanatec drivers are much better to drive their wheels. In the case of F1 2017, native Fanatec support is smoother and much less violent, compared to G29 emulation. The manual of the Drivehub even states "if a game supports Fanatec, definitely pick that option"...something to that effect. Lastly, a G29 wheel is driven by a brushed motor and helical gears. A Fanatec wheel base is powered by a belt drive system and a brushless motor. Two vastly different hardware solutions. Software to hardware device drivers are designed with that in mind.

FMW
FYI: The "Drivehub" will make your CSL Elite behave like a Logitech G29 for your reference. Meaning, the Drivehub will emulate G29 drivers to drive your FANATEC CSL Elite for GT sport. By default the Drivehub is set to "FANALOGIC" mode, meaning it's emulating G29 drivers to drive the Fanatec CSL or even the CSW 2.0 and 2.5.

Just understand, don't completely judge the performance of the CSL elite that's using G29 emulation to drive the wheel. The experience and feel will be significantly different compared to native Fanatec support, if and once native Fanatec support is implemented. Case in point. F1 2017 supports both the G29 and the CSL elite. In my testing the feel and FFB effects behave very differently. Both work well, but native Fanatec drivers are much better to drive their wheels. In the case of F1 2017, native Fanatec support is smoother and much less violent, compared to G29 emulation. The manual of the Drivehub even states "if a game supports Fanatec, definitely pick that option"...something to that effect. Lastly, a G29 wheel is driven by a brushed motor and helical gears. A Fanatec wheel base is powered by a belt drive system and a brushless motor. Two vastly different hardware solutions. Software to hardware device drivers are designed with that in mind.
Did not know that..dang

What do you suggest? I have a g29 wheel too. Just pull out the g29 for now then back to my fanatec wheel when they have it compatible with sport?

Did not know that..dang

What do you suggest? I have a g29 wheel too. Just pull out the g29 for now then back to my fanatec wheel when they have it compatible with sport?

Yes. If you have a G29, there's no reason to use the Fanatec emulating the G29 drivers. Use the G29 for now and wait for official Fanatec CSL Elite support.

Hopefully, that's coming soon.

I have had the CSP V3 for almost a year now and i have been using them on PC :bowdown: When i received GTS closed beta, i had to dig my old T300rs pedals from the basement (i literally wanted to throw them out) but this was the only way to play the closed beta.
You need a good set of pedals if you want to be fast; right :D

Back to the point, yes the CSP V3 will work when connected to the CSL PS4 elite wheel base. This is also stated on fanatec website ;)
Would highly recommend the 918 RSR or/and formula wheel if you’ve got the budget.

A89F6F9E-6778-4E6D-9E9C-C6E4662747DD.jpeg

Fanatec clubsport pedals V3 vs Thrustmaster T300rs pedals

71A0B6DB-300A-4094-BC93-4C0637D1226B.jpeg

Here is the newly updated supported games which are compatible with the CSL elite for PS4

B12F87BD-51EA-41B1-AF6C-EA4543828802.jpeg

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/suppo...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Actually not knowing what the wording may be in the LEGAL CONTRACT that PD signed making Thrustmaster "the Official" wheel of GTS there is no way to know whether it is a previously signed legal contract that prevents a competing product from getting full support or PD's choice in deciding to not support the Fanatec product.

Without seeing that contract and making any statements as to why PD has not optimized the game for the Fanatec products has no basis to be factual. The following is my opinion and formed from what I read that was released by Fanatec and what the "fix" ended up being. Again just my formed opinion from the facts made available to a normal consumer on line.

Fanatec is a supported licensed product for the PS4 and as the wheel does work and function on the system then that license has been fulfilled in my opinion. That compatibility license I am sure in no way commits an individual game maker to support the product in their coding other than the basic ability to function. Optimizing a product is between individual manufacturers and each individual game maker.

The mistake that was made was Fanatec was originally advertising the product to be compatible for all advanced functions on current and future PS4 games and those claims have turned out to be false.

I was following this pretty close both here and on Fanatec's message board as I think it appears they make a nice product and I have been interested in an upgrade. Even in the beginning Fanatec was making announcements basically saying it was a mistake by PD and was being corrected as that statement was being made.

In the same time frame a statement was released saying that "THEIR ENGINEERS and partners" were busy coming up with a solution and that is when I started to realize the problem was on Fanatec overstating the compatibility of the product.

Sure enough a few days later new 'Firmware" was released by Fanatec making the Fanatec product emulate being a G29 product. I basically quit following the product as I felt that Fanatec had pulled a fast one over the customers that had purchased their product with claims that turned out to be false and then still kept trying to blame it on PD while giving it minimum functions in GTS by being in PS3 mode.

I do not think those buying the product for use on the PS4 and GTS thought due to the advertising they were buying a product that would need the game to think it was a G29 to perform at any type of acceptable level.

If I had of purchased the product as a result of their false advertising I would have been a very unhappy customer. It is a shame as their products look to be nice and well made but I do not know now even if they get the full functions working in the future if I feel comfortable spending my money with a company that is not truthful about their products abilities or how and if the product will ever be correctly rectified as they originally advertised.

A company can make a mistake but own up to it with the truth, and those that had recently bought the wheel for GTS should have been given the option to receive a full refund if that is what they preferred.

Last edited:
In order yo use your fanatec pedals in PS4 you must connect them into the wheel base, so it doesnt matter which pedals are you using, the only compatibility you need is between your wheel base and the PS4 and off course between that wheel base and your pedals. I'm using my old CSR elite with clubsport pedals v3 vía cronusmax plus (not drivehub) and they are working really good.

So I happen to play on PC and the brakes and throttle rumble/vibrate feature on the clubsport V3 pedals is not supported in every game but the big ones like RaceRoom racing experience, Assetto Corsa, Dirt rally as examples support it.
Fanatec can not force a game developer to support such feature(s) but when the game developers listen to the community then it is obvious what they will do.

All the CSL elite PS4 features are supported in Assetto Corsa on PS4, why is that?
I guess, it is no brainer for 505 games (AC dev), fanatec makes the best wheels and pedals on the market period at least when not considering a jump to direct drive wheels (on pc).

Back to GTS and PS4, for any wheel to be compatible with a game on Sony PS4, any company has to go through a process via sony to make this happen.
Legal contract in place, sdk to purschase and make it happen and then probably submit the work done to sony to approve it and then bam you are “officially licnesed”.
So is Fanatec at fault here? Or did PD choose to ignore fanatec because of the official thrustmaster wheel (which is way expensive than Fanatec for once?)
I blame PD when i put it this way...

it is a fact that PS4 has now three officially licensed wheel companies and Fanatec is one of them whichever way you want to see it.
when a developer chooses to ignore that FACT then it is not a smart move but it is all about making money which means not giving people choices...

Fanatec can not force a game developer to support such feature(s) but when the game developers listen to the community then it is obvious what they will do.

All the CSL elite PS4 features are supported in Assetto Corsa on PS4, why is that?

Back to GTS and PS4, for any wheel to be compatible with a game on Sony PS4, any company has to go through a process via sony to make this happen.
Legal contract in place, sdk to purschase and make it happen and then probably submit the work done to sony to approve it and then bam you are “officially licnesed”.
So is Fanatec at fault here? Or did PD choose to ignore fanatec because of the official thrustmaster wheel (which is way expensive than Fanatec for once?)
I blame PD when i put it this way...

it is a fact that PS4 has now three officially licensed wheel companies and Fanatec is one of them whichever way you want to see it.
when a developer chooses to ignore that FACT then it is not a smart move but it is all about making money which means not giving people choices...

It is a fact that all the officially licensed wheel companies for the PS4 that their products function and provide the basic functions to be operational on the PS4 therefore fulfilling the compatibility license requirements.

Regardless of what we as gamer's want to believe these companies making games or control products to use within these games are in this to make a profit for their company and in the case of competing wheel companies it was Thrust Master that was the company successful in negotiating a contract to be the "official" wheel of GTS and it is very likely that agreement and legal contract had specific wording regarding PD in having the freedom or ability to optimize the game for a competing wheel/pedal controller product.

Such an agreement would be in the best interest to both Thrust Master and PD as far as a profit generating action for both companies as many consumers would in fact choose an optimized product with advanced functions over a competing product that only offered basic control functions. Without such restrictions why enter into any contract to be the "official" exclusive product?

From just a business perspective as a company if I have an agreement with a company giving me say a percentage of the profit for every "official" wheel sold why would I willingly without a legal obligation optimize a competing product that may reduce the sales of a product that generates a profit for my company for a company that all of its profits goes into that companies pocket?

In my opinion I still say the original problem was due to Fanatec overselling and falsely advertising their products capabilities and advanced functions within certain games without having the proper legal agreements or contracts in place in advance of placing their advertisements guaranteeing the products to function within the games at the levels they claimed they would as the advertisements originally claimed.

Now those advertisements have been reworded and the original claims are no longer being made but how do you place blame on PD for Fanatec originally making false claims that apparently they had no legal binding rights to make to sell their products to customers that paid their money buying a product that they were fully led to believe would offer all advanced functions for all future PS4 games.

The actual facts are that the Fanatec companies product to offer more than the most basic functions with the PS4 exclusive driving franchise game has to operate in a PS3 mode and emulate a several year old competing product to have any ffb functions at all.

Sorry to say but the facts say the company falsely advertised it products ability and compatibility with all games present and future on the PS4 platform and to this day has never actually admitted to that fact publicly to my knowledge.

Regardless the "fix" or bandaid and how it works shows who was responsible. If Fanatec had any type of legal binding contract or agreement with PD that would have supported its original advertising claims this would be a non issue and the Fanatec wheel would be optimized and listed on the contoller option page within the GTS game itself rather than emulating an aged competitors product outside of the game itself.

I do not understand how some consumers are standing behind and supporting a company that has flat out lied to them and apparently intentionally still continues to do so by trying to place the blame on someone else when it is pretty apparent by the companies actions that they legally could not ever make the claims they were originally making.

but how do you place blame on PD .

Why isn’t the fanatec wheel listed in GTS settings? Could be timing? decisions were already taken based on the road map which was set a long time ago? Maybe?

but still why not patch it? Look at Assetto corsa it was released a while back on PS4 but they simply listened to the community and supported every single feature.

Don’t get me wrong, I own both Fanatec and thrustmaster so I really don’t care but the fact is it’s a shame not to patch GTS and at least show the CSL elite as a wheel in the settings (not saying that PD has to go all out and support everything like AC). No ones has to agree or disagree here because that’s my point of view.

Cheers

Why isn’t the fanatec wheel listed in GTS settings? Could be timing? decisions were already taken based on the road map which was set a long time ago? Maybe?

but still why not patch it? Look at Assetto corsa it was released a while back on PS4 but they simply listened to the community and supported every single feature.

Don’t get me wrong, I own both Fanatec and thrustmaster so I really don’t care but the fact is it’s a shame not to patch GTS and at least show the CSL elite as a wheel in the settings (not saying that PD has to go all out and support everything like AC). No ones has to agree or disagree here because that’s my point of view.

Cheers

I can agree that as a consumer the more options we have available the better. I do not own any Fanatec products but they look nice and well made and I was considering an upgrade and purchase is why I followed the unfolding of this issue so closely.

Who knows for sure why it is not patched or added, maybe it legal prior contract reasons, perhaps PD wants an optimization fee Fanatec does not want to pay or maybe Fanatec demanded that PD optimize and include their product into GTS and ticked PD off so it will never be included just for spite.

As consumers we will probably never be aware of the actual reasons, contracts wording that have been signed or not signed or meetings or phone calls and agreements that have taken place behind closed doors.

Unfortunately I think that the wheel controllers have gotten way overpriced for what they are and what they do, You are basically getting some switches that at different positions give a different resistance readings and then some instant contact switches that switch between functions depending on the switch's mapping and an electric motor to vary the resistance (ffb) to turning the actual steering wheel.

Hard to fathom how that tends to be worth the price of 2 complete PS4 console systems. Was not that many years ago a decent ffb wheel/ pedal set was available for about 150.00 U.S. Dollars.

anyone know if I can plug in the v3 pedals to T300RS base? would everything including the load cell work?

or would I require a seperate USB input (if there is one on v3) to the ps4? I am out of USB ports as one goes to external HD and one to T300RS.

anyone know if I can plug in the v3 pedals to T300RS base? would everything including the load cell work?

or would I require a seperate USB input (if there is one on v3) to the ps4? I am out of USB ports as one goes to external HD and one to T300RS.

It will work on a PS4 connected to a Wheel base and not directly to PS4! That is why an additional gadget is needed!!!

I have a T500RS and I find the wheel good enough,, but even if the T3PA-PRO pedals are not bad, they have nothing to do with.. Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals... those are far away into better.. (lol) miles away!!! And so I would love to get them.. but that only can be possible with CPX adapter, which inclusively looks to be (it was for previous versions) difficult to import from USA to Europe/Portugal.. with long time wait for deliver and additional costs... :(

Back