Fanatec Clubsport V2 Possible Force Feedback Problem

• Thread starter Mike458
  • 10 comments
United States
BurnoutLogicville, USA
INF_Mike458
Hello all,

I've owned a Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel for about a year and change now, and I've been noticing something about the force feedback:

Whenever I turn the wheel into a corner (past about 40 degrees), I lose all sense of feeling of bumps and kerbs, which has caused me significant problems at tracks like Watkins Glen's turns 2 and 3. Also on bumpy corners, this is also a problem.

Is there any way to fix this so that I can feel the bumps regardless of how much I turn the wheel?

Hello all,

I've owned a Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel for about a year and change now, and I've been noticing something about the force feedback:

Whenever I turn the wheel into a corner (past about 40 degrees), I lose all sense of feeling of bumps and kerbs, which has caused me significant problems at tracks like Watkins Glen's turns 2 and 3. Also on bumpy corners, this is also a problem.

Is there any way to fix this so that I can feel the bumps regardless of how much I turn the wheel?

I would recommend contacting Fanatec.

Try lowering the overal ffb strength. If you're using too much the wheel might be clipping and you won't get those details.

On CSW you should probably be able to run pretty high ffb settings though so contacting Fanatec might be the way to go.

Hi @Mike458 , the suggestion regarding clipping was my first thought too. It is possible that you are running the FFB strength too high in the game settings. If you don't believe that's the case, could you please tell me your driver and firmware numbers? It might also be worth listing your tuning menu settings.

I'm running the latest driver (310), and all tuning options are at default. I like a super heavy wheel.

I'm running the latest driver (310), and all tuning options are at default. I like a super heavy wheel.
FFB output varies by game - it is possible that the in-game setting is too high, and the signal is clipping. I'm not sure which game you're using, but most have an in-game force strength setting. If you turn down the in-game forces, does some of the detail come back?

FFB output varies by game - it is possible that the in-game setting is too high, and the signal is clipping. I'm not sure which game you're using, but most have an in-game force strength setting. If you turn down the in-game forces, does some of the detail come back?

I'm using iRacing, and no, the detail does not come back when lowering the force.

That sounds quite unusual. Is it something unique to iRacing, or have you noticed the same behaviour in other sims?

iRacing is the only sim I currently play. I may switch to Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, or maybe Rfactor 2 next year.

iRacing is the only sim I currently play. I may switch to Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2, or maybe Rfactor 2 next year.
That's fair enough, but it makes your issue a little more difficult to diagnose (compared to having one or more other sims for reference). In any case, I would suggest reinstalling our latest driver package, and if everything looks to be functioning correctly in the driver software, I'd also re-run the iRacing calibration wizard.

If you still seem to be having the issue, then please open a support ticket on our website.

That's fair enough, but it makes your issue a little more difficult to diagnose (compared to having one or more other sims for reference). In any case, I would suggest reinstalling our latest driver package, and if everything looks to be functioning correctly in the driver software, I'd also re-run the iRacing calibration wizard.

If you still seem to be having the issue, then please open a support ticket on our website.

Ok, will do, I'll get back to you as soon as I test it.

Back