Fanatec Clubsport v2 SupportPS4 

Let's have some answers, then.

The Fanatec Clubsport Wheelbase v2 indeed works with the secret combo of powering on at or before the PCars Press Start screen then pressing the unlabelled button which was once used as PS3's X button. (So glad I came from PS3, not from scratch).

Clubsport Wheel 918 RSR.
Unclear button assignments, let's have a list.

Clubsport Shifter SQ v2.
Cannot skip gears. Cannot use sequential mode.

Clubsport Pedals v2.
Assignment of L2/R2 to brake/accel means menus CANNOT be navigated.

Sort it.

First topic by the number of replies/views on Project Cars PS4 forum : Fanatec wheel support. Sad.

Guess your talking about PS4? As all ok for me on PC. As long as wheel is switched on before game.

Only problem I have is the SQ shifter buttons have to be mapped. SQ and H are ok together, but if you want to switch to paddle shift you need to assign "shift up / down" again in the game settings.

This sucks. Why not have multiple settings profiles like in Assetto Corsa for easy switching?

I wish I have a pc powerful enough to run pCars, but mine does not match the lowest requirement so I bought pCars on PS4. But I am sure that all issues will be fixed, it's just a little bit sad that there were not enough devtests on PS4 with Fanatec wheels.

Correct, I'm on PS4.

Update:

I can navigate menus after all - brake and throttle are L2 and R2. If you have selected Calibrate Pedals, menu navigation is disabled. Luckily all works without manually calibrating via Controller Options.

Thanks Kwakaman, that makes sense re mapping seq up/down, but yes, we need to have both available without returning to the Options menu.

The skipping gears error may have been user error - paddle-shift cars only respond properly to paddles, same for H-shift. This is actually a feature, buy the looks of it! Love it.

With the exception of FFB not working for a few of the BMWs, I'm surviving but keen to see some further support for this masterpiece of a game!

Indeed, pCARS forces you to shift specifically for the car in question. This can be with or without clutch, H-box or paddles, or any variation in between!

If the car is paddle shift, you will find that you can't skip gears with the H-box.
In some cases paddle shift cars require shifting without any accelerator (e.g. Ginetta junior), so I end up shifting with the clutch and paddles, which is funky but fun :)

I also advise mapping "start engine" in the controller screen, since you can stall the car easily if you are not quick enough pressing the clutch when you spin.

Latest Posts

Back