Fanatec CRS, Clubsport pedals and GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tappajakoala
  • 2 comments
  • 585 views
Messages
323
Finland
Finland
Hello,

I know GT5 doesn't directly support Fanatec CRS and Clubsport pedals but if here are fellows who play GT5 I wonder what "ghost" layout you are using?

I think I picked up Logitech Driving Force Pro or equivalent. For general driving, setup works well but i'm extremely unhappy about clutch. You have to fully press pedal to floor to allow gear change which is wrong. In real life you can switch gears pressing clutch around halfway.

So I wonder if any of GT5's existing controller layout can make better base for fanatec wheels?

Any other useful tips for this great but unofficially supported wheelset with gt5?

Thanks in advance.
 
Logitech G25 is the profile to use in GT5's settings.
 
If you have to floor the clutch pedal then that is way wrong.

Off topic but, in reality it's possible to change gear, even on a crash box without using a clutch. I learned to do this on a BSA Bantam motorcycle where the clutch cable would freeze solid. So starting off was done by rolling the bike down the camber, about 30 degrees from straight ahead usually worked and dropping it into bottom with the engine on tick over, second was easy as neutral was between 1 and 2 gears so you clicked into neutral and adjusted the revs before selecting second. Other gears were obtained by using the false neutral between gears.

When I started driving a car, a beat up old Austin A35 van, I tried it in that, and apart from needing the clutch to pull away it was perfectly possible to drive without touching the clutch in the same way even getting down to bottom gear was possible and that was without syncro-mesh. .
 
Back