Fanatec CSL elite decision making help?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 15 comments

Is it worth upgrading from T300RS to CSL Elite?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Netherlands
Netherlands
I am considering upgrading to a CSL Elite from a T300RS GT as the TM wheel is not doing what I need it to. Wondering two things; is there FFB fade on the CSL Elite at high FFB? that is one of my largest gripes with the T300RS. Secondly, is it worth upgrading to the CSL Elite from T300?

Thanks in advance

I had a CSL Elite + or whatever they call the PS4 one, running it in GT Sport and the different F1 games I never had any issues with the FFB fading over time, I was running 75% races in F1 2018, 2019 and 2020 and none ever gave me any issues through the entire race. The fan would kick on pretty often and loud enough to be audible but it was never distracting for me.

EDIT: Oops forgot to say for the upgrade part, eh I'm not sure personally, I've never run TM gear myself but if there is a way to increase cooling to help with the fade I think that's what I would personally try first. That said it's not my money of course. I do think Fanatec gear is great myself. I've had good experiences with getting support whenever it was an issue. And getting into the ecosystem the CSL Elite is a great starting point since it should handle just about anything you need it to.

Last edited:
I had a CSL Elite + or whatever they call the PS4 one, running it in GT Sport and the different F1 games I never had any issues with the FFB fading over time, I was running 75% races in F1 2018, 2019 and 2020 and none ever gave me any issues through the entire race. The fan would kick on pretty often and loud enough to be audible but it was never distracting for me.

EDIT: Oops forgot to say for the upgrade part, eh I'm not sure personally, I've never run TM gear myself but if there is a way to increase cooling to help with the fade I think that's what I would personally try first. That said it's not my money of course. I do think Fanatec gear is great myself. I've had good experiences with getting support whenever it was an issue. And getting into the ecosystem the CSL Elite is a great starting point since it should handle just about anything you need it to.
Thanks for the reply Frizbe. With my t300RS, on 25% races on F1 2019 it would be nearly undrivable after about 5 minutes because I get no FFB feeling. It's great at the start of the race, but once it starts to fade? :banghead:. The CSL sounds great, but I'll continue to look around till I find a decision I reckon is right. Thanks for your reply!

Edit: Just was driving on Assetto Corsa then, I managed 2 minutes on the Nurburgring Nordschleife before the FFB was non-existent, i.e. I could not feel anything at all, making it absolutely undrivable.

Last edited:
While the CSL Elite bases do indeed handle the demands of extended holding torque well, to be honest it sounds like there is something wrong with your product, like maybe the fan is broken. Even an entry level wheel can handle more than 2 minutes of normal force feedback. Perhaps you are also running the in-game gain too high (i.e. above about 70) which can result in sustained clipping, meaning that you're asking the motor to run max torque more often than is intended. But even then, it should not de-rate so rapidly.

While the CSL Elite bases do indeed handle the demands of extended holding torque well, to be honest it sounds like there is something wrong with your product, like maybe the fan is broken. Even an entry level wheel can handle more than 2 minutes of normal force feedback. Perhaps you are also running the in-game gain too high (i.e. above about 70) which can result in sustained clipping, meaning that you're asking the motor to run max torque more often than is intended. But even then, it should not de-rate so rapidly.
The T300RS's fan works perfectly fine, I think this is more of a T300RS issue in general as I this is the second T300RS I have had (It is one month old, replaced on warranty). I used to run 100% FFB because I like a heavy wheel, but turned it down to 65% because of clipping and fade. Will have to think about what to do, thanks for your input :)

You're welcome. But 2 minutes on AC to nothing? Unless you are exaggerating, that sounds like the description of a faulty product.
I was driving a GT3RS with no TC, so plenty of power slides which does not make things easier for the wheel. But yes, 2 minutes into the lap I had no feeling at all, there was 0 FFB.

Thanks for the reply Frizbe. With my t300RS, on 25% races on F1 2019 it would be nearly undrivable after about 5 minutes because I get no FFB feeling. It's great at the start of the race, but once it starts to fade? :banghead:. The CSL sounds great, but I'll continue to look around till I find a decision I reckon is right. Thanks for your reply!

Edit: Just was driving on Assetto Corsa then, I managed 2 minutes on the Nurburgring Nordschleife before the FFB was non-existent, i.e. I could not feel anything at all, making it absolutely undrivable.

You probably need to turn on forced cooling. It runs the fan all the time.

Ive never had an issue with ffb on my t300rs with forced cooling.

You probably need to turn on forced cooling. It runs the fan all the time.

Ive never had an issue with ffb on my t300rs with forced cooling.
I have forced cooling on. I also run FFB on 65%, interested what FFB strength you run if you don't experience fade.

Last edited:
I have forced cooling on. I also run FFB on 65%, interested what FFB strength you run if you don't experience fade.

I have it set to 100% in the TM software but not sure what its at in F1 2020. Id have to check.

But i run it at 98% in ACC and 55% in AC. Never had any issues with fade

I have it set to 100% in the TM software but not sure what its at in F1 2020. Id have to check.

But i run it at 98% in ACC and 55% in AC. Never had any issues with fade
I only drive on AC, but I'll double check I have forced cooling on, and try setting FFB strength to 55% in AC and see how that goes. Thanks!

I only drive on AC, but I'll double check I have forced cooling on, and try setting FFB strength to 55% in AC and see how that goes. Thanks!

No problem. Hopefully it gets better.

I just ordered the CSL Elite myself with the BF sale so ill be moving on from the T300RS myself. You might as well buy ot while its on sale for $400

my god, if you knew everything about tm. on t300, you cannot put a power of 100% with a maximum of 75. from a large one there is a nonlinear ffb and clipping, but you have some other problem. even if you put up a lot of power in 2 minutes, this is impossible. it takes 30-40 minutes for the FFB to go out a little.

I also replaced t300 with csl at one time, but failure overtook me, I sent it for repair, and then got rid of Fanatec from my life. but the base itself is much stronger and more detailed conveys everything.

Back