FANATEC CSL ELITE ISSUE IN GT SPORT

Portugal
Braga
GT_SPEED_ACADEMY
Does anyone have problems with the csl elite in corners. Loss of grip or braking problems. Anytime i play online i have this issue the car lose traction and i dont get force feed-back in Gt Sport. I have the latest firmware installed. Its weird. Sometimes i have grip sometimes not.

Does anyone have problems with the csl elite in corners. Loss of grip or braking problems. Anytime i play online i have this issue the car lose traction and i dont get force feed-back in Gt Sport. I have the latest firmware installed. Its weird. Sometimes i have grip sometimes not.
'Grip' is determined by the game, not the controller hardware, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean there. Are you saying that the force feedback feels different when you play the game online compared to against AI?

Check your settings on the wheel "SHO" -Schock might be off?

On my wheel if i loose traction on corner entries, my wheel "rattles" kind of loud and heavy. is that what you are missing?

yes in arcade mode I have a better grip than online. in online mode I have to change the locking position to make it better. but I discovered that the pedals are not with the latest version. Clubsport pedals v3 are with version 310 and I saw that now has version 311. The steering wheel has already 311. Is it necessary to have the pedals with the latest version? The pedals interfere with the steering wheel. Is that the cause of my problem?

Check your settings on the wheel "SHO" -Schock might be off?

On my wheel if i loose traction on corner entries, my wheel "rattles" kind of loud and heavy. is that what you are missing?
No Shock is on
Its on 50
Its weird because i took the controller and i dont have any problems. With controller i enter in corner with trailbrake with no problem with the wheel a make the same thing and i loose traction. The car wont turn and slide away.

No Shock is on
Its on 50
Its weird because i took the controller and i dont have any problems. With controller i enter in corner with trailbrake with no problem with the wheel a make the same thing and i loose traction. The car wont turn and slide away.
Hi Nuno, to me it still sounds like you are mixing up the handling characteristics of the game with what a force feedback wheel can do. Unless the wheel is somehow not sending steering inputs to the game correctly, then I don't think it can be described as a 'CSL Elite issue'. From your description, it sounds more like you have a general issue with how input devices of this kind work in GT Sport. Perhaps it would be best if you show us a video of your driving (with the wheel and the game in view), as it is difficult to know exactly what you mean.

Quick tip. Choose a corner on ANY track, just a corner your good at. Drive it with your DS4 and watch the red dot above your Revs. It indicates how much you are steering. Than switch to Wheel and compare this to your DS4.

i have a feeling here that your Default SEN setting on the Wheel ist set to "108" (1080), wich means you have to turn the wheel full circle and more for maximum cornering. Try setting SEN to "540" (or "054" i'm not sure at the moment as i am sitting on my wheel right now.)
i had a similar problem when using the wheel for the first time. You have to adapt your driving from DS4 to wheel. it IS diffrent, also the car will behave different.

and, of course, a video would help

People say that physics in sport mode are different than arcade mode. It has nothing to do with the csl at least. Also people with other wheels feeling this too. Ds4 driving is different. You can not compare it with a wheel

I use Sen to Auto. It is the best in my opinion. It goes automatically in the "reall" degrees of rotation of any car

Also check the in-game controler input bar. Try not to use high values

Hi Nuno, to me it still sounds like you are mixing up the handling characteristics of the game with what a force feedback wheel can do. Unless the wheel is somehow not sending steering inputs to the game correctly, then I don't think it can be described as a 'CSL Elite issue'. From your description, it sounds more like you have a general issue with how input devices of this kind work in GT Sport. Perhaps it would be best if you show us a video of your driving (with the wheel and the game in view), as it is difficult to know exactly what you mean.
my pedals have the 310 version. Fanatec has version 311. Does this interfere if it does not have the latest version?

People say that physics in sport mode are different than arcade mode. It has nothing to do with the csl at least. Also people with other wheels feeling this too. Ds4 driving is different. You can not compare it with a wheel

I use Sen to Auto. It is the best in my opinion. It goes automatically in the "reall" degrees of rotation of any car

I have the

i have sens to 410. Its better to turn for me. In pc i put the angle of rotation to 900 degr. But in wheel setup i have 410 sens , ff to 71 ,shock to 50 for spr dpr on 30, dri to +4, abs 100 and brf to 16.

I have the

i have sens to 410. Its better to turn for me. In pc i put the angle of rotation to 900 degr. But in wheel setup i have 410 sens , ff to 71 ,shock to 50 for spr dpr on 30, dri to +4, abs 100 and brf to 16.

Really anorthodox settings. 410? If you can drive with these settings then ok.
Try all settings stock in wheel only drift in -3 ..... . with in game settings 1_3_10

Really anorthodox settings. 410? If you can drive with these settings then ok.
Try all settings stock in wheel only drift in -3 ..... . with in game settings 1_3_10
Do you have the clubsports pedals v3? The pedals interfere if the version is not the Latest ?

The combination of a low SEN value (which increases the steering speed) and running the force at 10 in GT Sport is not realistic. As ANDRITSOULAS says, you will be clipping the signal, and therefore losing most of the force feedback detail (which is probably why it feels strange during a corner). You can run the wheel FF setting at 100, but I wouldn't recommend running the in-game setting higher than 5. Your low SEN value is significantly increasing your chances of inducing understeer, which is what you appear to be describing when you say your car won't turn. Running SEN on 'Auto' should work well in GT Sport and should give you more realistic steering response.

First of all try to set SEN to Aut. When the sen is in aut it means that the degrees of rotation whill se t automatically by the game according to the really degrees of the car. Mclaren formula car will have the rotation of the real one but the vw golf gti will have 900. You can test this through the cockpit camera. You should have a 1 to 1 rotation of the wheel of the ca with the wheel on your base. You should have a 1 to 1 rotation of the wheel of the ca with the wheel on your base.

Then in wheel menu try my settings:

SEN - aut
FF - 100
(according to fanatec's manual you should keep this always at 100 and adjust the in game ff signal strength to avoid clipping.)
SHO - 100 (if you have a fanatec wheel with vibration motors, in my case i have the F1 black, it adjust the power of the effect.)
ABS - 90 (vibration starts at 90% brake input)
DRI - (-3)= NEGATIVE 3 i find (-5) way to heavy so i use less (I some times i use it OFF because it is soooooo smooth but there are some minor oscillations)
FOR - 100
SPR - 100
DPR - 100
FEI - 40
a good compromise of minor rattling sound but better curb and understeering feeling.
BRF - 70 i use the csl elite +LC pedals and i love this value but only for left foot braking. When i use my SQ shifter i turn down the value to 50 in order to brake with my right foot.

In game settings:
Controller sensitivity input - (-2) =negative 2. I have been testing this setting for almost a year now. The higher the value the faster your wheel will respond. If you come from a controller start from 7 and try to lower this value in order to drive smooth.
Force feedback max torque - 3 you can set this value higher but i think it will be overkill anything above 5. That been said after about 6 i feel the ffb clipping since while in turn and hitting the curb the "curb effect volume" is going lower and lower as you get higher with this value. You can set the FOR/SPR/DPR to 110 or 120 to make the ffb stronger but avoiding clipping.
Force feedback sensitivity - 10 i do not feel any negative point of feeling more the surface of the road. I haven't noticed any clipping.

The in-game controller sensitivity setting 100 percent does not have any effect when using a steering wheel base. Any "difference" you are feeling is complete placebo. The speed of steering when using a wheel base is entirely dependent on the range and setting of the wheelbase. The SEN setting on the CSL should just be set to Auto as GT Sport supports it properly. The steering rack speed will automatically adjust depending on the car being driven.

"・Controller Steering Sensitivity
Adjust the steering speed and response speed of the front tires for your wireless controller. Lower values produce slower response times, which allows smoother steering. Higher values makes the tires' response faster and more sensitive."

This setting controls the speed at which the steering moves when using the DualShock joysticks to steer. When using motion steering, this setting also does nothing.

The issues the original poster is having is 100 percent to do with adjusting the SEN settings on the wheel.

Last edited:
The in-game controller sensitivity setting 100 percent does not have any effect when using a steering wheel base. Any "difference" you are feeling is complete placebo. The speed of steering when using a wheel base is entirely dependent on the range and setting of the wheelbase. The SEN setting on the CSL should just be set to Auto as GT Sport supports it properly. The steering rack speed will automatically adjust depending on the car being driven.

"・Controller Steering Sensitivity
Adjust the steering speed and response speed of the front tires for your wireless controller. Lower values produce slower response times, which allows smoother steering. Higher values makes the tires' response faster and more sensitive."

This setting controls the speed at which the steering moves when using the DualShock joysticks to steer. When using motion steering, this setting also does nothing.

The issues the original poster is having is 100 percent to do with adjusting the SEN settings on the wheel.
Do you drive through cockpit view ?

Last night i talk with a friend and he play in purple mode. He says purple mode its better to play gt sport. I change to purple but some buttons dont work and the wheel setup its diferente. Anybody have some in game setup to purple mode and a purple mode wheel setup?

Last night i talk with a friend and he play in purple mode. He says purple mode its better to play gt sport. I change to purple but some buttons dont work and the wheel setup its diferente. Anybody have some in game setup to purple mode and a purple mode wheel setup?
I feel purple mode lacking of fidelity in comparison to blue mode. It is a bit all the place the adjustment of ffb power also. I haven't tried lately the purple mode, but i think since the blue mode is supported.....

I feel purple mode lacking of fidelity in comparison to blue mode. It is a bit all the place the adjustment of ffb power also. I haven't tried lately the purple mode, but i think since the blue mode is supported.....

Commands arw redefinable in both modes... choose either Fanatwc ot Logitech wheel depending on mode and reconfigure commands and buttons at your taste... feelings and setups are more or less equal on both modes.. litle differences you will find...

Commands arw redefinable in both modes... choose either Fanatwc ot Logitech wheel depending on mode and reconfigure commands and buttons at your taste... feelings and setups are more or less equal on both modes.. litle differences you will find...
I make this question because the friend i speak its TRL LIGHNNING and i talk about the fanatec wheel and he doenst tell me its the best but he tells me its best preference. I play in Blue mode but him plays with purple. He say ´ I have the fanatec to but insted of playing in Blue mode i use Purple because i like it more ´ . I put the purple but its weird. I prefer Blue to. But i cant see really the diference.

I make this question because the friend i speak its TRL LIGHNNING and i talk about the fanatec wheel and he doenst tell me its the best but he tells me its best preference. I play in Blue mode but him plays with purple. He say ´ I have the fanatec to but insted of playing in Blue mode i use Purple

I do not have CSL Elite, yet. But I've been searching and reading about it for the last couple of days as I'm considering on buying either CSL Elite ot T-GT for GT Sport. (I currently use T300RS GT Edition)

FEI - 40 a good compromise of minor rattling sound but better curb and understeering feeling.
What is this rattling noise that people seem to complain about ?
Z28 from his YouTube video seems to complain about it and he even seems to recommend against CSL ELite for GT Sport.
Is this rattle noise only with CSL Elite or is this also present in other wheels ? (Only in GT Sport?)

In game settings:
Controller sensitivity input - (-2) =negative 2. I have been testing this setting for almost a year now. The higher the value the faster your wheel will respond. If you come from a controller start from 7 and try to lower this value in order to drive smooth.
As pointed out by andrewhake previously, controller sensitivity in GT Sport Options does nothing for steering wheels. It's only for analog sticks in wireless controller (eg. DualShock 4). Even motion control of DualShock 4 controller is not affected by this setting. Really surprising you tested this setting for almost a year.

You can avoid the rattling by setting the FEI to off. It "spikes the ffb curve" or something according to fanatec.

As for the sensitivity the thing that i understand is that it will work with any controller wireless or not. Even the Ds4 if it is set to non wireless mode it still affects the steering. It works for any controller wireless or not. Any wheel you plug in the console registers as a controller .
Also when you are in cockpit view it is really obvious It can be seen also through the steering input dot on the hud. When it is set to 7 it seems like it is trying to overlap your steering input and then comes back to the actual steering input that your wheel is. The thing is that when you use a wheel you can not "instantly" hit the wheel's stop as in a Ds4 That is why many people can not see the effect.
It is really obvious if you drive ktm xbow for example with racing soft tires full tuned up and full tuned down the weight of the car Just set the sensitivity to - 2 race your most used track and set a time. Then set sensitivity to 7 and try just not to loose it at least or keep up with the lap time of when you had it - 2.

I can not recall where it says that it is for analog sticks in the game.
Also the wheel's steering input is an analog input

Maybe you're locking up the brakes?

Back