• 5 comments

robert_

\|  ̄ヘ ̄|/&#65343
Premium
Norway
Stavanger
skedaddle-_-
LOLERCOAZTER
I'm trying to reach out to as many as I can with my problem, so I'm copypasting what I wrote on iRacing's forum in here.

Hi everyone. I've recently bought myself a Fanatec CSL Elite and a new gaming PC with a goal of diving into the world of simracing. After starting off however, I've come to a standstill with no progress. After downloading the application where you update firmware and the possibility of changing some settings, I've met a problem. When the application receives any input I make on the wheel, it exaggerates it visually on the application. So when I turn the wheel 1cm either way, the app thinks that I've done 540 degrees left or right. This problem is also visible in RaceRoom Experience, but not in iRacing. Because in iRacing, the wheel isn't detected at all, any inputs I do in the calibration, is not detected. However my shifter paddles are, but pedal inputs are also not detected.

I have a laptop with the same app and that one doesn't show the input problem that I have. However I don't have any racing game on it as of yet, because the specs of the laptop is too poor to handle. On PS4 I haven't experienced any issues at all. I've also been careful in regards to what USB slot I've inserted the cable in. In the end I tried both USB2.0 and 3.0. I've also tried different firmware versions with no luck.

I'm adding a short video clip that expresses my problem:

I hope that some of you have heard of this problem before, because at this point I'm at a loss as to what do next.
BG,
Robert

Last edited:
Hi Robert,

We've already been in contact through Reddit, but I'll answer here too - the fact that it works on your old laptop and on your PS4 suggests that it's not a hardware issue, and more likely a driver or USB-related conflict on your gaming PC. I recommend that you contact the support team and explain what troubleshooting steps you've already attempted.

What build is your Windows 10? I recommend updating to latest version if you haven't already using Update Assistant tool: Link. Once that is done, check for Windows updates and install anything remaining to update fully.

Also updating your motherboard chipset drivers to latest version, that should help.

You are everywhere Dominic :D Yeah, sorry for late update. It's fixed.

Back