Fanatec CSL Elite - Its gone crazy!

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ian Bick
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this one. I have seen reports of the issue elsewhere, but they seem to relate to PC or Xbox...

Today I started the wheel up and it just went crazy. Rotating from full left to full right at maximum speed then juddering / shaking, left right in, what I thought was, some where near "centre". Fearing it would damage itself I switched it off. Waited a few moments and tried again - All OK.

If anyone has any insight here I would be very very grateful. Its only a few months old and as some of you will already know... I just love this thing!!!

Best regards.

Ian.

Hi Ian, if you start up the wheel base while a game is running it could cause this behaviour in some circumstances. However if you weren't running a game then this shouldn't happen. I suggest that you create a support ticket via the My Product section of your Fanatec account to discuss this with the support team.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this one. I have seen reports of the issue elsewhere, but they seem to relate to PC or Xbox...

Today I started the wheel up and it just went crazy. Rotating from full left to full right at maximum speed then juddering / shaking, left right in, what I thought was, some where near "centre". Fearing it would damage itself I switched it off. Waited a few moments and tried again - All OK.

If anyone has any insight here I would be very very grateful. Its only a few months old and as some of you will already know... I just love this thing!!!

Best regards.

Ian.
Hi Ian I had the exactly same thing as you 3 weeks after I brought my Fanatec CSL Elite wheel, and now I have had the wheel for over 6 months and nothing like that has ever happen again.

This is why I think my wheel went crazy Ian, it was calibration at the same time I happen to turn on my PS4 using my DS4, and that's why I think it went crazy. Ever since it went crazy 3 weeks after I brought it, I have been tuning on my PS4 first and then the wheel, or turn on the wheel and let it calibrate first and when it has finished then turn on the PS4.
Since I have done this Ian , I had never had anymore issue with the very good wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I will open a ticket - just in case.

The more I read about it, the less worried I am.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Ian.

Thanks guys!

I will open a ticket - just in case.

The more I read about it, the less worried I am.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Ian.
Don't worry about it Ian, my wheel went crazy because I made a mistake and cause it to go :crazy:, but if it happened just turning on the wheel and the PS4 was off, then we will have an issue with the wheel.

Back