Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 settings

• Thread starter DrOrzy
  • 15 comments
Australia
Australia
Ok, so wr’ve Had the game for a few days now and I’m just wondering what sought of wheel settings people have settled on with the CSL Elite.

I’m still tweaking mine and not a percent happy with it yet.

I’ve got the in game FF at 92. I’ve dialed the on track effects right down to 15 and still might go a few notches lower. Same with the off track effects. The rumble strip effects I have at 20 which I think is still pretty aggressive through the wheel and will probably lower.

The Wheel Damper setting is the one I’m still a bit confused with. The description says that it’s basically for tyre feel so naturally you’d think you’re best off to have this at 100?! I haven’t figured this one out yet, I’m currently at 90 but am going to try the lower extreme later just to see if I can feel the difference.

My settings on the wheel itself
FF and dpr are at max (120) .
I have Abs, Sho and Dir OFF.
Spr 100.
Brf 90,
Sen 36

Ok, so wr’ve Had the game for a few days now and I’m just wondering what sought of wheel settings people have settled on with the CSL Elite.

I’m still tweaking mine and not a percent happy with it yet.

I’ve got the in game FF at 92. I’ve dialed the on track effects right down to 15 and still might go a few notches lower. Same with the off track effects. The rumble strip effects I have at 20 which I think is still pretty aggressive through the wheel and will probably lower.

The Wheel Damper setting is the one I’m still a bit confused with. The description says that it’s basically for tyre feel so naturally you’d think you’re best off to have this at 100?! I haven’t figured this one out yet, I’m currently at 90 but am going to try the lower extreme later just to see if I can feel the difference.

My settings on the wheel itself
FF and dpr are at max (120) .
I have Abs, Sho and Dir OFF.
Spr 100.
Brf 90,
Sen 36

Sens 36?????? That low???? What about Automatic??? (or a bigger value..) ????

Wow, it’s been a while since I started this thread.
Well my understanding is that the sensitivity should match the wheel rotation setting in game. So for me what I find works well and have settled on is 32 actually, 320degree rotation in game F1 2018. For instances when inneed a little bit more steering lock, like Monaco for example, I bump it up to 360, so 360 sensitivity. The biggest difference I have found since my original post is that now I have turned OFF “Understeer Enhanced” which I find give me much better feeling for what the car is doing.

Hi DrOrzy,

(excuse me for my bad english)
I was looking for these settings too. Last time I updated the firmware to the newest (Driver 311). I had the same settings as I had configured in the game F1 2017, it felt the same (not really realistic)

Then one day I forgot to change my settings of the wheel from S_1 (assetto corsa setup for me) to S_2 (F1 2017) and it directly felt much better somehow. Then I copied the settings to S_2 and changed little things and now I am quite satisfied.

I really enjoy playing F1 2018 now with these settings, maybe people are happy to try it and give feedback how they feel about the settings or have advice to change things:

My stuff:
CSL Elite PS4
Load cell for the brakes
F1 Black Carbon RIM

Wheel settings:
SENS 360
FF 95 (quite a muscle trainer in combination with the FOR setting of 90. Lighter is possible, but I like the strength)
SHO 40
ABS 60
DRI OFF
FOR 90 (Could be set lighter in combination with FF)
SPR OFF (It feels more stiff OFF, so the feeling of oversteer/ understeer gives better respons)
DPR 120
BRF 30 (with Load cell, without is would be different I think)
FEI OFF (Looks like OFF is not interrupting the programmed settings of the game itself)

In-Game settings:
Calibration:
Brake deadzone 3 (so you don't brake accidently)
Everything else just standard on 0

Vibration & Force feedback:
Vibration & Force feedback ON
Vibration & Force feedback strength 120
On Track Effects 17
Rumblestrip Effects 0 (This still gives vibrations because of the Fanatec programmings)
Off Track Effects 10
Wheel Damper 0 (This was on something like 100, but Fanatec's wheel settings does simulate this allready)
Understeer Enhange ON
Maximum Wheel Rotation 360

I am not a pro driver and I don't really have a lot of experience with setting up everything, but this is what I thought was the best way to have good feeling of handling the car. My times in Time trial are mostly in between 200 and 400th and I drive with AI 105, Torro Rosso Career.

This game is not as realistic as assetto corsa in my opinion, but I think it feels quite nice like this.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I am really curious what other people have for their settings.

Wish you great lap times:)

I’ll give your settings try and let you know what I think. I have also tweaked my settings a bit since originally posting this thread. I’ll have to check them and list them here when I get home.
Off the top of my head, I know I’m using 320deg maximum rotation as I said above. I find it a lot more responsive through the quick parts like this. BRF I usually run 80 and bump up to 90 if I’m locking up a bit too much. (LC pedals obviously) I’ll check the rest of my settings and let you know rather than guessing.

Also, the brake deadzone you have set at 3. You’re just introducing an extra fake element and could possibly cause delays in response. I would recommend you go into the Fanalab portal in you PC, rest your foot on the brake as you might while driving. You will see the bar move a little and then set it to ‘minimum’ like that and set your deadzone back to 0.

Thank you for your reply.

I will try 320 too, but the setting in game is on 320 too, or just only the wheel settings of the Fanatec wheel itself?
If I put the BRF on 80 it doesn't even respons..?? I had it on 40, but 30 reacts faster, the lock-up is indeed a bit hard to control.
Yes, I agree with the fake element, I will try to correct it with the Fanatec wheel property page.

About the buttons on my wheel; some of the buttons don't work with the PS4 with F1 2018. The buttons I mean are the 7-way funky switch and the analoge stick to look around. Is someone else also having these problems?

Thank you for your reply.

I will try 320 too, but the setting in game is on 320 too, or just only the wheel settings of the Fanatec wheel itself?
If I put the BRF on 80 it doesn't even respons..?? I had it on 40, but 30 reacts faster, the lock-up is indeed a bit hard to control.
Yes, I agree with the fake element, I will try to correct it with the Fanatec wheel property page.

About the buttons on my wheel; some of the buttons don't work with the PS4 with F1 2018. The buttons I mean are the 7-way funky switch and the analoge stick to look around. Is someone else also having these problems?

Yes the higher you have the BRF the much harder you need tonpress down on the pedal which in turn makes it harder to lock up. I basically have my Brake pressure on the car set to around 89 and usually have the bias around 52 or 53.

Yes I have the ingame set to 320 also.

The funky switch and and joystick don’t work in game. None of the rotary switches are mappable for F1 2018 on any platform yet. Fingers crossed they might change that with an upcoming patch, if not I’m sure F1 2019 will have rotary switches working especially with Codemasters partnership with Fanatec now. Not to mention the officially licenced limited edition F1 Rim they revealed on Black Friday (I got one and can’t wait to get my hands on it )

You should also try turning off the “Understeer Enhanced” option to see if you like it. I find that it’s much better without that sudden ‘fake’ drop off. I think it feels more realistic and the feedback as you Understeer is more gradual and better to control.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the digital display on the Fanatec wheel from the speed to the current gear?

Last edited:
I know this is a late post but I’m having issues going full lock in corners I shouldn’t have to be. I’m using Fanatec CSL elite f1

Have you checked your in game steering settings? In particular steering saturation.

I use a thrustmaster t-300. My wheel is set to 900° rotation, and in game I have saturation set to 75. This gives me a 1:1 ratio of wheel input to ingame wheel input.

Back