Fanatec CSL + playseat revolution ?

• Thread starter Nick077
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have the playseat revolution, currently with a Thrustmaster 300 RS fixed to it. I think it has the same basic floor plate and wheel plate as the evolution but just a different design of the wheel plate support.

https://www.playseatstore.co.uk/playseat-revolution.html

About to order Fanatec CSL, I contacted them to ask if it'll fit, but they were not able to confirm, I guess because they sell their own seats, but still surprised they couldn't confirm compatibility. I've also emailed Playseat but no response, guess they're not in working at the moment. For clarity, it'll be the starter PS4 kit with the two pedals (brake/acc).

Does anyone have the CSL fitted to Revolution or Evolution seats?

Cheers,

Nick

Last edited:
e9177f6aa988f6031ea043490d116b21.jpeg

I used to have the Playseat Revolution with a CSL Elite.
It will fit. The pedal plate of the seat has hole patterns for a lot of pedals. CSL is one of them.

I used to have the Playseat Revolution with a CSL Elite.
It will fit. The pedal plate of the seat has hole patterns for a lot of pedals. CSL is one of them.

Thanks dude, mine arrived today! :D

How did you fit it to your rig? I've got M6 bolts, but it looks like you need nuts as well for the pedals as the holes don't have threads, I'll have to try and source these with limited shops open.

Did you use the clamp or did you bolt the wheel in, I've read bolting is much more sturdy than the clamp?

I'd like to bolt it in, but there are these two annoying square boxes on the bottom as part of the clamp system, I assume you can remove these? The instructions are not very good in this regard.

IMG_2663.JPG

I need to get some longer bolts too.

Cheers,

NIck

Yes, on the WheelBase, remove the 2 plastic bumps, those are only for the clap.
You'll need 3 Bolts (M5 i think), but please take a look in the Booklet of the Base, there is a maximum length for those! Keep an eye on that.

The Pedals can be mounted to the base plate with 4x M5 or M6 Bolts. Make sure they fit the corresponding holes.
Pedals usually don't have threads on their own. You will need nuts for the bolts.
Also, remember to put spacer on the bolts.

Pro Tip: If you have a thin piece of rubber mat, cut out a fitting piece and place it between the wheelbase and the wheelmountplate.
It reduces noises and vibrations a bit better.

IMG_2683.JPG

Thanks very much for feedback, including the pro-tip.

IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2676.JPG

I could only fit the wheel with two bolts, I even took the top off the seat to play around with it and there is now way you could do it.

It seems to be fairly rigid with two bolts, although the frame itself has quite a lot of movement, might be time for a better chair.

I could only fit the wheel with two bolts, I even took the top off the seat to play around with it and there is now way you could do it.

It seems to be fairly rigid with two bolts, although the frame itself has quite a lot of movement, might be time for a better chair.
It is recommended to use all three mounting points, because if you have a habit of pulling or pushing hard the steering wheel you might damage the wheel base.

If you align the front single bolt with one of the two holes at the front, the two at the rear do not align and visa-versa.

Thanks guys, I didn't want to drill because I don't have any metal drill bits and because it's really, really close to the existing hole.

But I managed to get a drill bit from a neighbour and have put the hole, it was tight but managed it. All secure now.

Now to work out the settings, first few laps, I'm absolutely terrible with it hahaha, markedly slower than my T300 RS and struggling to keep the car even on the tarmac.

Setting it up will have to wait, I'm done with rig set ups for now! :D
Thanks again.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Back