Fanatec CSP control Wheel FF

• Thread starter TNA996
  • 8 comments
TNA996
TNA996
Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing FF issues through their PWTS wheel when using the Clubsport Pedals? The FF increases in the wheel as the gas pedal is pressed. I have updated both wheel and pedals but the problem still exists and hasn't changed through updating. It has only been 3 days since I emailed Thomas at Fanatec but I thought someone here might have had this experience. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm running v669 firmware, the first version where linearity and deadzone settings were introduced, and I don't seem to have any FF problems in Prologue with the CSPs.

I do have a problem getting the clutch to work though, pressing triangle after start doesn't seem to do anything, don't know if that's maybe a firmware problem?

I haven't even got that far. Lol. At the start of the race when watching my car approach the start finish, pressing the gas pedal sends the wheel shaking and turning back and forth very quickly. So much I can barely hold on. This problem started with the original version on the wheel and continues with V681. At this point I am not sure whether to blame the wheel or the pedals. I can steer with no problems but when the gas is applied all hell breaks loose. This only seems to happen with the PS3. Xbox games play perfectly. Hope to hear from Thomas or someone from Fanatec soon to find out where to go from here. I am tempted to buy the GT3 RS V2 but if I can't pin point the problem ruling out the pedals than I will have to shop elsewhere.

Oh, that would be because the fanatec wheels have almost no deadzone and many games are made for wheels that has a lot of deadzone, they are made sloppy, not so with the fanatec wheels. You need the firmware that adds the deadzone setting, from 669 and up or something, as long as you have the deadzone setting you should be good.

I had that to, the wheel starts shaking like crazy. With the new firmware, set the deadzone on the wheel to about 90-100 and it goes away.

Well thanks for the info. I have just set the dea to 90 then 100 and it is still the same. I even have all the FF in the game and the wheel set to 0. Very frustrating. I have made up my mind not to play Prologue until I have the wheel working so this is adding to my frustration!

Yeah I know what you mean, my clutch doesn't work, I'm like 1 sec of a top 100 time after a couple days of getting GT5P, but with no working clutch I can't do any better. Keep punking Thomas for a solution he usually comes through :)

Well I have found the problem!!! Sho is the shock setting. It is directly related through the gas pedal to the wheel. Turned that to 0 and the vibration is gone. Now I am noticing weird loss of resistance during sweeping turns??? All of a sudden the resisting feedback drops for a split second and returns without warning. I know its not going to be perfect but this happens alot during one lap. Have you found this as well? Thanks again.

Sounds like you have drift set to something other than 0 on the wheel settings. Drift makes the wheel FF light when the tail hangs out so it's easy to countersteer to correct.

It could also just be because your exceeding the limit of traction of the car by taking a corner faster than the tires can grip, that makes the steering light because the wheels have lost traction.

Personally I like the force feedback to be as light as possible, no drift no nothing. Anything that interferes with the wheel is making me less smooth, and smoothness is everything. It may not be realistic but I'd take precision and smoothness and control over realistic any day :D

Back