Fanatec CSR wheel settings VS Iracing ingame settings

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 2 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
Hey everyone. New to Iracing and have just been trynig to get my Fanated CSR and Clubsport pedals calibrated. I have noticed there are in game settings for your wheel. Is it best to use the Iracing wheel settings and adjust them accordingly or use my settings on my wheel?? Im trying to get the best feel of my wheel while Im practicing the tracks before I get out and get into a race.

Also there are settings for the Field Of View. I am using a 56' TV as my monitor and mesured it with the bezel and the distance from my screen to my eyes. But there is another number to put in right under that (I think it is a degree of view). How do you figure that out to put in the number??? Thanks

When it comes to the wheel settings your going to want to adjust all the wheel settings including the on wheel settings, driver settings and the in game settings. Here's a link to a thread in the iracing forums that has the base settings lot of people use myself included, http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3409.page. I have a CSW now but I had a regular CSR right when they came out so let me know if you have any more questions.

As for the FOV its going to be hard to the the correct fov using such a big screen I would think. The number you are referring into being the degrees number is the actual FOV. It should change once you input all your screen settings and stuff. It always tells me the lowest FOV is better, but your basically sitting on the dash board. You can adjust this on the fly in one your black boxes that's on the right hand corner while your driving. I cant remember which button goes straight to that box so you might have to look it up or scroll through them. Best advice I can give far as that goes is to just adjust it until it feels right. I believe mine is set at 78 degrees.

Thanx MadRR, Ill check that thread out when I get home (cant access it at work). Ill check my degree number when I get back on the game. But I think the number is a triple digit. I am sitting very close th the steering wheel. Also I have an issue with the actual screen size of Iracing. The left and right of the screen is bigger than my actual TV. I can tell there is some info that I cant see all of. I have went into my computer settings and try to solve it but it has no effect on Iracing. Would this be a FOV problem??
Im also going to try to map some of my buttons on my wheel for the F keys because its a pain getting to my keyboard. My setup is not pernament so having a physical black box is not an option right now. I didnt realize there was this much setup for Iracing. Im used to Plug and Play on consouls. But I know when I get it right I will enjoy it.

Back