Fanatec CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread *UPDATE February 2014*

• Thread starter eKretz
  • 3,600 comments
You can repaint the lines also, I've done a few recently after experimenting to find a good way to do it.
What did you use to repair the code lines, I scratched my code wheel when replacing the motor in it. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

What did you use to repair the code lines, I scratched my code wheel when replacing the motor in it. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

I masked the lines with something called Frog Tape, it seals to the paint on the edges so you don't get bleeds. Then used black nail polish with some lamp black added to make sure it would block light well with one coat.

@eKretz

I did not read all posts through, there are just too many, but i just bought a used CSW V1 and i am looking for a long working motor upgrade.

I plan on doing the mods myself, i also have access to a metal lathe to bore out the pulleys.

But what else exactly is needed for the new bühler motors you use ? when im right you changed the bühler motor type during those many threads here, so im not exactly sure what changed.

Also it looks like i need the motors from you, do you have them on stock ?
I couldn't find the motors here in europe, it is kinda weird because i think they are manufactured in europe ;-)

Hope you can guide me through here, because i want to use my csw v1 for a long time, and not till the current cheap motors die.

Cheers
Lorien

Send me a PM. You'll need to do quite a lot more. To give you some idea, here are what the mod motor mounts look like: this is one of a batch I got done a few days ago.

Slight additional delay - going in for a procedure on my back that will require a few days bed rest. Hopefully this will help me feel better for at least a while. Getting an epidural injection into my spine, whoo-hoo! Hopefully the doc does a good job this time. I've had several of these in the past and if they don't get it just right I get a headache for days afterward.

8A bare minimum. 10A will do great, I'd prefer to use 10A minimum really, but 8 will work in a pinch if you have no other choice.

Slight additional delay - going in for a procedure on my back that will require a few days bed rest. Hopefully this will help me feel better for at least a while. Getting an epidural injection into my spine, whoo-hoo! Hopefully the doc does a good job this time. I've had several of these in the past and if they don't get it just right I get a headache for days afterward.

Thank you keep us informed Eric, fingers are crossed for you, come back soon and above all, the most important, healthy!

And Kyle you are #1 of the next 5 BTW.

The other 4 are Martti P., Scott H., Manuel G., and Guillaume T. so you know you're in the queue.

Am I still in the queue? Getting desperate now! I appreciate the fact you have health issues, I have to explain the same to my customers. However I was gutted not to see my name on that list. Get well soon.

It's looking like every outstanding order should be done in the next 2 - 3 weeks guys. Possibly sooner if the machine in the shop is open when I can get in there. If not, that should still be the max. I'm feeling a bit better the last few days but been lying down a lot per doc's orders, no idea if it will translate to when I'm on my feet more.

One other thing... Don't get too worked up guys, the list isn't that long either. I think after these next 5 there are only 10ish guys left. There were quite a few guys who signed up but didn't pay. Probably will be the last group buy I think.

@eKretz, When you said you used lamp black, did you use the pigment form or lamp black acrylic paint? Also where you have to do this with the code wheel still on the base or did you disassemble everything? It doesn't look like I'm going to get a replacement from Fanatec so I might as wheel give this a shot before I buy a new wheel.

I used the pigment, had some laying around. Definitely would be tough without at least partially disassembling the base.

Hey guys I have ordered motors with eric but I couldn't wait. So I just got v2 so I have paid for motors if someone is interested in taking my place and motors please pm me and I will sort paypal and tell eric
Thx
Andre

@eKretz

Just got my ordered Bühler 1.13.049.402 motors.

The front shaft is 23mm how much do i have to shorten it ?

The back completely cut off ?

Which of the front mounting holes did u use to drill through for the air inlet ?
There are 3 like a triangle and one separate.

To not getting debris into the motor, did you drill from bottom up ? and used a vacuum cleaner to suck any debris out after drilling, to be sure nothing went inside ?

Thx

The front shaft you want about 16mm length from the end of the motor endplate. Back one cut off flush or close to it. Be extremely careful doing the cutoff so you don't get any debris into the ball bearings! You'll need to seal them off somehow before doing any work.

You can choose whatever hole you like for the air inlet, which one you drill through will depend on where you want the inlet positioned and where you will be positioning the mounting screws on the motor mount. I made a fixture to screw to the back of the motor so I can pressurize the motor can while I do the drilling - that way there's always positive air pressure inside the motor can, and any debris immediately gets blown out rather than making it inside the can.

So my original intention was to take my CSW V1 and mod it out. That way I could use my current V2 in one rig and build a second rig with a modded V1. Life is just not being very cooperative, so if any one wants a V1 that was only used on a PS3 don't be shy to PM me. :)

Grrr. I ran out of some of the fasteners and tubing for the internal part of the cooling system. Could have sworn I had plenty. Maybe the kiddo got hold of it. Got some ordered so I can finish assembly. Ordered some set screws for the pulleys also, since I make them bigger. Getting low on those as well. The stock set screws are really crap.

So the PS4 is going to have Fanatec wheel support for PCars. I wish I never sold my CSR-E now *sadpanda*

Great news for you guys though! Now....should I try and sell my T300 for a CSW and get the greatest mod on earth, again (assuming a mod needs to be done on the CSW base)? Hmmm....

Jerome

What would it take to convert a CSR-E to a CSW? The CSW main board and the wheel cabling?

As far as I can recall, that's it besides the steering wheel itself, which you'd need for the electronics inside so the base at least thinks there's a wheel plugged in.

As far as I can recall, that's it besides the steering wheel itself, which you'd need for the electronics inside so the base at least thinks there's a wheel plugged in.

Ok thanks for the info. From the news that the CSW V1 is going to work with the Xbox One when using Fanatec's Xbox One rim then I am debating with myself if I can convert my Buhler shod CSR-E into a CSW V1.

Back