Fanatec CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread *UPDATE February 2014*

• Thread starter eKretz
  • 3,600 comments
Oh sweet, I hadn't heard that news yet. Actually another area of difference IIRC is the power switch. The little miniature PCB that the switch is attached to may be different between bases.

Oh sweet, I hadn't heard that news yet. Actually another area of difference IIRC is the power switch. The little miniature PCB that the switch is attached to may be different between bases.

As of right now it is being said that a CSW V1 & V2 with the yet to be released Xbox One rim will work with Project Cars on the Xbox One so that got me thinking about how to convert my CSR-E to a CSW V1.

But,I did not think about the power switch though as it is different. The CSR-E has a Xbox 360 guide button with a yellow power switch above it while the CSW has a red power switch in place of the Xbox guide button so it may not work dangit.

I am definitely going to keep my eye out for used CSW V1's for sale though as I would prefer to stay with my Buhler wheel over a V2

Today I finished my mods to my CSW wheel.. Waiting as a little child to receive my Bühler motors from Eric. 👍;)
So meanwhile I have prepared temperature monitoring of the FBB motors and a extra fan in the wheel.. :lol:

Attachments

• 20150309_133219.jpg
    20150309_133219.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 20150322_144633.jpg
    20150322_144633.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20150322_144610.jpg
    20150322_144610.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Last edited:
Nice one Nick ;) Looks great 👍

But yes sir.. I just extended the probe (approx. 3 meters) and tested if there were going to be accuracy problems. But not even 0.1 degrees. And if there were, that wouldn't be that big of a problem. I just wanted to know an approximately temp at the motors.
:)

Just to add.: At the back cover you can see the 4 pin connector. I made that so it is easy to disconnect the temp. sensor plus my extra fan in case i had to remove the wheelbase or adjust something :)

hello, I have an csr elite wheel and i have read pretty much the hole thread and i would like to upgrade to buhler motors, eKretz where can i bye them? i live in europe Finland, btw good mods i have done the silent paddles mod and re-lubricate bearings and the feel is much better compader to used stock.

Nice, I'm glad that you like the mods you've tried so far. I was wondering if anyone even used the silent shift paddle mod - nobody ever mentions it, lol.

I am now facing the reality that it's time to get out of the sim racing hobby. I've put my rig on Craigslist and am also including my still uninstalled Bühler mod. Craigslist doesn't really "get it", though, so I thought I'd also offer my unused (and in some cases even unopened) mod parts here as well.

Asking $250+shipping for assembled Bühler motor block, power supply, and air pump. I can get specific about the ps and pump if desired but they're both components that have been found and recommended in this thread and acquired through eBay.

PM if interested and my apologies if a "for sale" post of this nature is inappropriate here. I just figured that there's no other group than this one who would appreciate what I'm talking about. :)

Everything is OK, just a time management vs active hobbies thing. The poor rig is not getting any love and I fear it's a matter of time before the little one gets curious and wrecks it. Thanks, though!

Nice, I'm glad that you like the mods you've tried so far. I was wondering if anyone even used the silent shift paddle mod - nobody ever mentions it, lol.

I put them on my csr-e wheel, they were great Eric!

Jerome

I think the belt may be going in my CSR Elite. The last couple of days it has been making some noise when turning sounds like it could be some belt slippage. As of yet I have not had it open nor have I looked into a replacement belt. Anyone have any info on this?

On another note I also have a Turbo S it works well but it has a bad habit of double shifting at times, it is really annoying and can ruin a good run especially when coming into a tight corner trying to get to 2nd gear and getting 1st instead. Any simple mods that would solve this issue?

The former is easily solved by one of two options. Either you need to open up your wheel and clean the crap out of your pulleys and belts, or clean the pulleys and replace the belt or belts. Depends on how bad the belt wear is. Also make sure to set your belt tensions well afterward to prevent premature wear.

The latter sounds like a dirty and/or worn shift switch - once this happens they start transmitting a "dirty" signal. Instead of transmitting an "off/on" signal voltage, the switch starts sending a sort of spiky irregular voltage, which can result in a lot of false signals. Sometimes cleaning can help, (contact cleaner) but you may need either a new switch or a filter something like @mrbasher offers for some of the Fanatec pedals. Not sure if he has anything for your situation or not, but you should look into it.

My V2 base seems to have a dying bearing so I wonder if it could be a good idea to replace stock ones by better ones. I have seen some high end ceramic bearing. Could it be a good idea ?

Just wanted to share my thoughts about Erics mod.
Received the motorparts the other day. VERY well made motormount and coling parts. WOW!!
Was hoping that it was going to be a great mod when I first got it essembled and fired up :lol:
Started Assetto Corsa up. And my favourite combo (Ferrari 458 GT2 and Spa Francorchamps) When I reached Eau Rouge the wheel almost took control as I wasn't expecting (But hoping) for so much power.. GREAT.. Overall there are (for me) more than enough power. If I go with fbb 100 I think it feels almost unrealistic heavy..
The reason I bought the motor package was first of all for getting a more stable wheelbase and hopefully getting a more powerfull wheel. And I really did..
As people have mentioned here before it really is like having a completely other wheelbase. Much more feeling, and so much more power..
I have mounted a temperature sensor in the wheel and until now with fbb at 70 it reaches about 60-65 degrees.
With the airmod you can now really feel the hot air being let out off the wheel.. :lol:
Thanks a lot Eric :lol:

Attachments

• 20150409_193629.jpg
    20150409_193629.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 20150410_161945.jpg
    20150410_161945.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 20150410_161955.jpg
    20150410_161955.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 132
  • 20150410_155523.jpg