Fanatec DD Extreme / Clubsport Pedals with Logitech Playseat?

• Thread starter L39E
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I purchased the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme and Clubsport V3 Inverted Pedals as well as the Logitech Playseat Challenge X. Unfortunately the mounting holes on the steering wheel base for the Logitech seat have different spacing to the Direct Drive base, and the same is true for the mounting bracket for the pedals. Is there any sort of adapter that can be used? I cannot find any information or accessory on the Fanatec website. On the Logitech Playseat page a review states that it is "sturdy enough for the Fanatec wheel". I must be missing something? If anyone can guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I tried searching this site and the web but and turning up nothing. Thanks

I purchased the Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Extreme and Clubsport V3 Inverted Pedals as well as the Logitech Playseat Challenge X. Unfortunately the mounting holes on the steering wheel base for the Logitech seat have different spacing to the Direct Drive base, and the same is true for the mounting bracket for the pedals. Is there any sort of adapter that can be used? I cannot find any information or accessory on the Fanatec website. On the Logitech Playseat page a review states that it is "sturdy enough for the Fanatec wheel". I must be missing something? If anyone can guide me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I tried searching this site and the web but and turning up nothing. Thanks
I don't think Logitech would purposely make their PlaySeat X compatible with any Fanatec product given they make their own wheel systems. Also, the bolt pattern between both brands are different. You might try Etsy to see if someone bothered to make an adapter of some kind, but I'd be really surprised.
As far as the sturdiness goes, that thing is not sturdy enough for a DD Plus/Extreme. You really should look into an Aluminum extrusion rig. These bases including the DD Pro work and are enjoyed best with a rig that won't vibrate. The PlaySeat will vibrate to no end. It's just not sturdy enough for direct drive, especially 15nm of power as the DD Plus. GT Omega, Trak Racer and Sim-Lab all make good quality aluminum extrusion rigs that won't break the bank. I prefer Sim-Lab as I have built two thus far, but the others I pointed out are just as good. All depends on which you like best.

Hi,

I am afraid FMW is correct! The Playseat just isn't up to the job. I have just transferred my wheel and pedals to a "profile" rig and the difference is night and day! Zero flex and every "movement" generated by the computer and game you play is transmitted to your hands. Equally - Every input you make to the wheel and pedals is transmitted back to the computer and game!

The profile rigs can be picked up for as little as £300:00 (UK).

Regards.

Ian.

Back