Fanatec DD Pro and also other wheels in GT7 - worse surface feedback than in GTS

• Thread starter Krypton78
  • 6 comments
Germany
Germany
GTRP_Krypto_
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone/ or who else has noticed that in GT7 the surface Feedback is worse than it is in GTS. I dont even want to compare it with Assetto Corsa Competizione.
I heard/ read this also from some other DD Pro, G29 and CSL Elite users. Thrustmaster, especially TGT and TGT II seem to be fine, since they have the rumble mode and are superior regarding this in Gran Turismo anyway.

But what I'm on here is not DD Pro vs. TGT (which I used >3 years in GTS), its DD Pro in GT7 vs. DD Pro in GTS

The FFB regarding the weight transitions and the centrifugal forces and so on are very well made, but you feel almost nothing about the tyre grip.
You barely feel the curbs and bumps and the current traction, and in this game the grip feeling is perhaps more important as in GTS because of the frequently conditions/ weather changes.

Last edited:
Yes, any combination does make only barely noticable changes. I use the recommended settings but turned the FFB INT to zero to have the last few details not filtered

Yes, any combination does make only barely noticable changes. I use the recommended settings but turned the FFB INT to zero to have the last few details not filtered
Interesting. I read similar reports on reddit as well. I'm waiting for my GT PRO DD, coming from a T300. I'm truly hoping this is a huge upgrade.

Compared to T300 it will be an huge upgrade for sure, as long you ordered the Boost Kit also. So if you did, the FFB regarding the G-Forces and individuality of cars is very good with DD Pro. I observe that this is more important to the people, but for me the surface details are as important as well

Compared to T300 it will be an huge upgrade for sure, as long you ordered the Boost Kit also. So if you did, the FFB regarding the G-Forces and individuality of cars is very good with DD Pro. I observe that this is more important to the people, but for me the surface details are as important as well
Yes the standalone base is only available in the 8nm version. I paired it with the Mclaren Rim, probably will pickup the Clubsport RS wheel eventually as a 2nd option too. Unfortunately have to wait until at least end of May to receive the base, typical horrific slow shipping from Fanatec.

These settings work well for me on my DD Pro.

Wheel settings:

• Sensitivity 270
  • Force Feedback 90
  • Force Feedback Scaling Pea
  • Natural Damper 38
  • NFR Range Off
  • Natural Intertia Off
  • FFB Interpolation 2
  • Force Effect Intensity 100
  • Force 50
  • Spring Off
  • Damper Effect 50