Fanatec DD1 & DD2 PS5 Compatibility in the Future?

• Thread starter Monkey Man
  • 6 comments
Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Yes, you can buy the "DD1 PS4™ Podium Racing Wheel F1®" bundle, but the base isn't available separately and the DD2 isn't available at all with PS compatibility.

If said base can be offered as PS-compatible, why does the website say that standalone DD1 and DD2 bases "cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility"?

I mean, these are their premium bases and one of the models is in fact compatible; it's just that it needs to be bought as a bundle with a wheel many don't want for that to happen.

Any insights will be appreciated. I've been trying to get my head around Fanatec configurations' compatibilities for what seems like forever and still don't quite understand them.

Sony requires a security chip for any Playstation console compatible accessory
and Sony charges for each chip sold, this adds to the price of a wheelbase, and since the chip has to be built into the base, it is not possible to upgrade a non PS base to work on a Playstation
I think the wheel rim on the PS podium base is just to make the higher price appear more fair
the new CSL DD 8nm base is $479, the same base for PS4 and PS5 is $599, no rim included

Yeah, true all that; thanks mate.

For existing owners, who let's face it have shelled out an awful lot of dough, why not offer to add the chip for a fee?

Why not add PS-compatile DD1 and DD2's to the product line for a hundred or two more?

my guess is Sony doesn't want people to be able to add the chip
or there would be cheap bootleg chips from China

I think the fact that a PS supported DD1 even exists is cool
can't imagine Fanatec sells many of them

my guess is Sony doesn't want people to be able to add the chip
or there would be cheap bootleg chips from China
I asked, "... why not offer to add the chip for a fee?", referring to the company of course. They add the chip to the bundle model DD1 after all.

can't imagine Fanatec sells many of them
I really would love a DD1 as I'd like to be able to run things in the 9-15nm range and can't do so on the DD Pro. I just don't want to have to buy that damned $1000 (AU) wheel as part of the deal.

Thanks again mate.

Last edited:
Back