Fanatec DD1 + F1 2019 - Violent Oscillations

• Thread starter CRMS
  • 1 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've just got the DD1 but having to use T3PA pedals whilst waiting for Fanatec. Pedals have a Bodnar USB converter and plugged into a USB C hub, wheel direct into laptop. Previously had TM T150.

Wheel just doesn't feel right. In High torque mode on a straight at speed, violent oscillations build up with wheel turning +/- 90 degrees very quickly - throwing hands off rim. Wheel has to be gripped so firmly that any sensitive car feeling is lost.

In Low torque there is still strong self centering such that trying to apply gentle or constant steering angle, eg Monaco tunnel, the wheel is trying to snap back to centre.

Wheel and game settings recommended by other Fanatec users and are generally low to mid range. Wheel in high torque.

I don't think it should be like this!!

I've bowled out the pedals by just using the wheel and keyboard.

I'm currently using a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3, i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel Iris Plus graphics. Laptop has 1 x Full-size USB 3.0 and 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2. I have a hub plugged into the USB C which has an HDMI, 1 x USB 3.0 with external 1 TB SATA HDD with games on it, and 2 USB 2.0. Wheel has been plugged directly into laptop USB 3.0.

After much discussion on Fanatec forums, I assume that in high torque, the DD1 is too sophisticated for F1 2019 simplicity. I understand that low torque is about the same as CSW 2.5.

In LT, it drives much better, but I still need to get more sensation back of loosing front grip.

I might be better better off with a belt drive wheel like CSW, but although at the moment my interest is CM F1, I guess I have the performance should I go to another sim.

Is it thought that a CSW 2.5 would be a better, smoother experience? But may reach limitations in better sims.

I might also be suffering from laptop limitations - lowish frame rate conflict with FFB? But have a decent gaming PC on order.

Etc, etc

Just wonder if anyone here has any comments and thoughts???

Hi CRMS,

I replied to your thread on the Fanatec forum.

There is no reason why the V2.5 base would give you a better experience with F1 2019.

And yes, low framerate can contribute to oscillation.

Back