Fanatec DD2 Keeps Losing Center Calibration

• Thread starter Beezer215
  • 8 comments
United States
MI
I have a DD2 that worked great until I it started getting a fuzzy display then the display went full fuzz. Fanatec RMA'd it and I sent it in. Just got it back and now it won't keep center. Can calibrate center but as soon as I go on track, it's like the ffb is making it lose center by anywhere from 15 degrees to 30. It can go back and forth from left to right by making turns on track but eventually picks a side and then I'm driving with the wheel sideways.

Does it for every different title, it's in the base. I've done everything. Firmware, calibrations, restarts, CSL 2.5 mode. My question though is has anyone had this and found a remedy? If I have to send my base straight back again, I'm going to be a tad miffed. I've already read that it's probably the motor sensor. The base is months old, still under warranty. I have also read that people have had to send their bases in for this problem.

Sent in a working base and got a boat anchor back.

Try this:

Also make sure that both gaps are aligned, as marked by the red line in the image below:

gaps.png

Last edited:
I'll be damned. That's what it was. They shipped it back with that collar barely even hand tight and not lined up like in your picture.
Thank you very much and hopefully this thread can help out someone else too.
emot-dance.gif

I have seen different points for the lock ring from far forward to all the way back against the airflow port. I think forward on the silver makes sense but it there any definite spot?

I have seen different points for the lock ring from far forward to all the way back against the airflow port. I think forward on the silver makes sense but it there any definite spot?
I would put the clamp in line with the shaft, like this:

force.png

This way you will have the maximum clamping force and maximum amount of air for cooling.:)

Tried a few locations with the lock ring and it definitely feels better in the far forward position like Super_GT suggests. At least in my opinion.

Back