fanatec firmware updater

• Thread starter steve30b
  • 3 comments
sheffield_united
iam trying to update my firmware on crs elite, on a windows notebook running windows 7 32 bit.. the wheel connects ok on bootloder mode all the files are there but when i click start the fanatec firmware updater program throws up a error..FANATEC UPDATER FIRMWARE HAS STOPPED WORKING. i have stopped all the programs running on the notebook and stopped the virus protection working. any ideas anyone..

Never hit that error but I'm on xp via bootcamp just now. Just upgraded to windows 8 so slightly nervous I hit a problem next time I try.

Are you trying with the latest updater/firmware? If not I'd get the latest from 911wheel.de or if you are it may be worth trying an older version (I think older ones are available on their support pages these days)

Never hit that error but I'm on xp via bootcamp just now. Just upgraded to windows 8 so slightly nervous I hit a problem next time I try.

Are you trying with the latest updater/firmware? If not I'd get the latest from 911wheel.de or if you are it may be worth trying an older version (I think older ones are available on their support pages these days)

all sorted now, it must have been program in the notebook that was ruuning. i did a new install of windows on note book and did the firmware update again with no problems. i now hat 767 on my elite wheel, and upto now feels a hell of of a lot better than 722.

steve30b
all sorted now, it must have been program in the notebook that was ruuning. i did a new install of windows on note book and did the firmware update again with no problems. i now hat 767 on my elite wheel, and upto now feels a hell of of a lot better than 722.

Steve, what is it you like better and in what SIM?
I am at 722 on my elite, I play GT5 and I wonder what driving difference 757 would bring. Somehow important since it does not seem to be a way back to 722. Also I find the wheel excellent at 722.

Back