Fanatec Forza CSR Elite Steering Wheel - looking for a replacement gear

Canada
Canada
Hi All

Long story ahead:

I have been scouring the net trying to find a replacement or any information, but its near impossible to find anything for the CSR Elite! its too old! i'm still using mine with a drive hub and it works great...until this past weekend. i was turning a corner in GT Sport, and all of a sudden i felt the wheel slip and then even though i was turning, the car went straight and hit the wall. Anyway i tried numerous times and even waited thinking it was overheated... but it seemed the calibration was off, and i wasn't able to re-calibrate it because the wheel would act weird on its own.

I opened the wheel up because warranty expired long ago! and i found that the gear at the end of the motor had slipped off the motor shaft enough... that it wasn't making contact with the calibration gear!! So i slipped the gear off further and took a look at it and low and behold a missing tooth! and cracked in half!! Thing is... this part is turning a freely spinning gear! so there is no force or friction!!! so i'm 100% sure this was broken on purchase :( I tried crazy gluing the crack and seeing if i could find a replacement, but i really don't know what to search for.... its a 16 tooth, 11mm diameter gear with a 3mm hole ? when i slid the glued gear back on it was super tight and when it did slip on the crack re-emerged... so i just slipped it back on further up and made it connect with the calibration gear.

I tried the wheel again with the case open... and low and behold, works perfect! So my question is, can i purchase this gear from anywhere? i cant even contact Fanatec support - my wheel isnt even listed, and when i have contacted them in the past they just say they dont carry parts.

TLDR: calibration gear is broken, where can i purchase a new one from?

Thank you!

Spooks

Attachments

• 20200613_164149.jpg
    20200613_164149.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200613_164650.jpg
    20200613_164650.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 42
Back