Fanatec Gear Troubles

• Thread starter colebra
  • 8 comments
United States
TEXAS
I'm shocked that I haven't been able to find anyone that has experienced the same problems I've experienced with Forza 6. I have played Forza 4 religously for a few years now. I started on the sticks and graduated to a wheel. I usually run Fujimi Kaido, doesn't matter if it's up down or around. I'd consider myself experienced. I can run old downhill in under 3.50 with a mixture of grip and drift. I usually use a First Gen RX-7 GSL-SE with a performance rating of 530 or the AE86 around 515. The equipment I use is as follows:

Fanatec CSR-Elite with hub adapter and Grip Royal wheel.
Fanatec H-Pattern shifter with custom JST harness
Clubsport handbrake
Clubsport V2 Pedals

It's amazingly fun and feels great to me. I feel like it feels way closer to the real thing than anything else. You can feel the car losing grip, it's easy to countersteer.

I know exactly what a real car feels like. I've raced miatas and I currently drive an 09 RX8 with an FD swap that I take drifting anytime I have extra cash for tires and fuel. I can't tell you what a valuable tool my sim rig has been.

THE PROBLEM....... I got a Clubsport Wheel V2 with an Xbox One Hub. I started playing Forza6. It felt like hell. It's awful, especially if you have the rumble setting on..... what is that!!!!!?????
To top it all off, MY CLUBSPORT HANDBRAKE WILL NOT WORK WITH FORZA 6. When I google something like
"forza 6 clubsport handbrke compatiblity" or "forza 6 fanatec handbrake" etc. and so on. I find nothing. I'm suprised nobody has had the same trouble. Am I just ignorant and doing something completely wrong. ANY HELP, SUGGESTIONS, TIPS, INPUT IS WELCOME. Thanks for reading.

Hi, I think that @PzR Slim could help you since he has the same wheel + hub and Forza 6. If I remember correctly he wasn't that happy with how the wheel felt, not sure if he has a handbrake.

I hope it improves and you get to enjoy the game.

Hey @colebra sorry to hear you are having problems. I can't help you with the handbrake as I don't have one but do have a CSW V2 with xbone hub. What are your on wheel and in game settings? I too found the wheel not to be fantastic with FM6 when I first started using it. It took me a little while to understand and come to terms with it. Other than the handbrake what exactly are the issues you are having with it and I'll see if I can add anything that helps.

Hey @colebra sorry to hear you are having problems. I can't help you with the handbrake as I don't have one but do have a CSW V2 with xbone hub. What are your on wheel and in game settings? I too found the wheel not to be fantastic with FM6 when I first started using it. It took me a little while to understand and come to terms with it. Other than the handbrake what exactly are the issues you are having with it and I'll see if I can add anything that helps.
First, thanks for the reply, ya'll are good people. I have everything on AUTO now. On my elite I would run Sen=900 Sho=off Abs=off Dri=3 Lin=2 Dea=0 Dmp=1 Spr=0 Acl=off. I feel like I can't feel the car lose traction. When it does I can't find the sweet spot counter steering. My handbrake remains unresponsive.
Slim, I don't know if it's just me but when I played Project Cars and GT6 I couldn't beleive how the cars behaved. It was like the track was a slip and slide. It was like trying to drive a rocket sled around an ice track.

First, thanks for the reply, ya'll are good people. I have everything on AUTO now. On my elite I would run Sen=900 Sho=off Abs=off Dri=3 Lin=2 Dea=0 Dmp=1 Spr=0 Acl=off. I feel like I can't feel the car lose traction. When it does I can't find the sweet spot counter steering. My handbrake remains unresponsive.
Slim, I don't know if it's just me but when I played Project Cars and GT6 I couldn't beleive how the cars behaved. It was like the track was a slip and slide. It was like trying to drive a rocket sled around an ice track.
I'll post my own settings for FM6 when I get the chance. For FM6 I really had to dial back the ffb so it was quite light. That was the only way I could feel the nuances of the ffb. When you have strong ffb in FM6 I find it just overpowers everything and you really can't feel what the car is doing.

In PCars on xbone you really have to set up the ffb on a per car basis to get the best out of it. It's a very complicated system and not explained very well. However, a very kind chap on the official PCars forum has done all the leg work for us! I highly recommend having a read of this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files He originally tweaked files for the PC version but with a little bit of extra work you can apply it to either console version. It really makes a huge difference to the ffb in PCars IMO.

I haven't played GT6 in quite a while and always used my CSW v2 with the BMW rim. The CSW just acts as a G25 in GT6 and from what I remember I found the ffb in GT6 to be reasonably good if a little basic.

I'll post my own settings for FM6 when I get the chance. For FM6 I really had to dial back the ffb so it was quite light. That was the only way I could feel the nuances of the ffb. When you have strong ffb in FM6 I find it just overpowers everything and you really can't feel what the car is doing.

In PCars on xbone you really have to set up the ffb on a per car basis to get the best out of it. It's a very complicated system and not explained very well. However, a very kind chap on the official PCars forum has done all the leg work for us! I highly recommend having a read of this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files He originally tweaked files for the PC version but with a little bit of extra work you can apply it to either console version. It really makes a huge difference to the ffb in PCars IMO.

I haven't played GT6 in quite a while and always used my CSW v2 with the BMW rim. The CSW just acts as a G25 in GT6 and from what I remember I found the ffb in GT6 to be reasonably good if a little basic.

Seriously, thanks for the help. It made a difference. I need someone to help me upgrade my CSR-E, I have a feeling it's always going to be my favorite.

I know this is an old post, but how did you get your BMW rim to work on the Xbox One? I just recently bought the CSL P1 wheel so I can run my Fanatec set up on the Xbox. BTW, only way the Fanatec handbrake works is by hooking the pedals via USB. Which I dont believe is possible on the Xbox One but does work on PS4/PC

I know this is an old post, but how did you get your BMW rim to work on the Xbox One? I just recently bought the CSL P1 wheel so I can run my Fanatec set up on the Xbox. BTW, only way the Fanatec handbrake works is by hooking the pedals via USB. Which I dont believe is possible on the Xbox One but does work on PS4/PC
I have the Xbox One Hub. I was talking about using the BMW rim on GT6 on PS3.

Latest Posts

Back