Fanatec GT DD Pro - Cheapest Way to Get this Working with a PC and Series X

• Thread starter B80
  • 6 comments

B80

England
Deadlights with Pennywise and the Balloons
naughty_teddy1
Hi all,

I've been enjoying the Fanatec GT DD Pro I've owned for nearly 2 months with GT7.

Wouldn;t mind getting into some PC sims and perhaps FM8 down the line (I have FH5 but heard wheels are **** with this game).

Is the cheapest and most effective way buying a wheel listed on the Fanatec site that is supported on these platforms, or is there a more cost effective way?

Cheers!

B80
Hi all,

I've been enjoying the Fanatec GT DD Pro I've owned for nearly 2 months with GT7.

Wouldn;t mind getting into some PC sims and perhaps FM8 down the line (I have FH5 but heard wheels are **** with this game).

Is the cheapest and most effective way buying a wheel listed on the Fanatec site that is supported on these platforms, or is there a more cost effective way?

Cheers!
If you're looking at PC sims you don't need anything but if you're looking to play on Xbox you just need an Xbox compatible rim.

GT3 mclaren wheel and the WRC wheel are cheapest for xbox compatibility. Just keep in mind button functionality is pretty limited.

But as stated above, you are good to go for PC.

GT3 mclaren wheel and the WRC wheel are cheapest for xbox compatibility. Just keep in mind button functionality is pretty limited.

But as stated above, you are good to go for PC.

Cheers. Are button functionality limited on all fanatec xbox wheels, or just the 2 cheapest ones mentioned?

B80
Cheers. Are button functionality limited on all fanatec xbox wheels, or just the 2 cheapest ones mentioned?
Most fanatec xbox wheels only use the standard xbox buttons. Anything with encoders/rotary switches or non standard buttons likely can't have those buttons mapped on xbox consoles.
Any combo using the xbox universal hub v2 is fully utilized IIRC.

You could use a drivehub, but it's $80 by itself so I don't think that savings is worth it to add that much complexity when you already have a PS compatible wheelbase.

With fanatec, all wheelbases are xbox compatible and all rims/hubs are PS compatible. So in other words the wheelbase determines PS compatibility and the rim/hub determines xbox compatibility. And everything is PC compatible. So with a PS compatible base and an Xbox compatible rim/hub, you'll be able to use it on all platforms.

Back