Fanatec GT DD Pro pricing

United States
United States
Why are the Fanatec DD pro almost double the price of the CSL DD ?
The answer I come across is because of the PlayStation licensing fees. But this does not make sense to me because the logitech G29 (PS) and G920 (XBOX) are priced similarly.
Also the two thrustmaster T300 variants are also priced in the same range.
Why the big difference in case Fanatec ??.

Last edited:
Also, the Xbox ready to race Fanatec bundles are $220 cheaper then the DD pro bundle

$480 right now gets you the Xbox 5nm DD base, a McLaren GT3 wheel and the CSL pedals.

It's $700 for the 5nm DD pro with the GT wheel and CSL pedals.

Last edited:
Also, the Xbox ready to race Fanatec bundles are $220 cheaper then the DD pro bundle

$480 right now gets you the Xbox 5nm DD base, a McLaren GT3 wheel and the CSL pedals.

It's $700 for the 5nm DD pro with the GT wheel and CSL pedals.
I don't know how the PlayStation licensing would cost $220, the playstation licensed G29 is $300 !!!!

Last edited:
There is a lot of competition for the "lower priced" DD wheels on PC so Fanatec have to price theirs accordingly.
Fanatec currently have a monopoly on "lower priced" DD wheels on PlayStation and can price how they like.
If you want a PS compatible DD wheel it's either the DD Pro or the Logitech G Pro at nearly twice the price and no ecosystem to tap into. Fanatec know what they've got.

Why are the Fanatec DD pro almost double the price of the CSL DD ? The answer I come across is because of the PlayStation licensing fees
probably because of the branding Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro (like the game gran turismo from pd) and it has now become the "official wheel" for that game
but we will never know as nobody (sony or the manufactures) make it transparent and probably even have ndas to make sure that nobody knows...

Why are the Fanatec DD pro almost double the price of the CSL DD ?
The answer I come across is because of the PlayStation licensing fees. But this does not make sense to me because the logitech G29 (PS) and G920 (XBOX) are priced similarly.
Also the two thrustmaster T300 variants are also priced in the same range.
Why the big difference in case Fanatec ??.
They make a larger margin on the DD Pro because they can (little/no competition).

They make much less margin on the CSL DD because they have to (lots of competition).

That's the economics of capitalism and competition in a nutshell.

It is interesting how companies calculate their prices. For instance currently buying the PC only (no "security" chip) Logi Pro wheel and base is £62 cheaper than the Xbox and PS packs (both priced the same). That £62 would add up over each wheel sold but seems more reasonable.

Latest Posts

Back