fanatec handbrake spare cable

• Thread starter Blue028
  • 21 comments
Australia
Perth
hey everyone, wondering if anybody out there with a fanatec HB have the cable to connect it to V1/V2 CSP that they don't need? desperately need one and cant find one anywhere.

Can just make your own. All you need is a some wire, 3.5mm phone jack and JST ZH 1.5 4 pin connector preferably with lead already attached.

Connect as follows

CSP PCB

3,5mm jack should be.
Signal (tip)
+ve (middle)
GND (base)

The notes I am going off are for the CSL elite LC board as I haven't played with my CSP v1/2 boards in a while now and the +ve and gnd maybe swapped on the 3.5mm jack. No harm if you get it wrong as it is just a pot in the handbrake so use the fanatec calibration to see that it is working or not :cheers:

Thanks for the help, issue I have is that I have built a handbrake for somebody, I have the V1 pedals, he has V3 pedals so I need to make a cable that has the rj connector on it but I don't know the pinnout on the v3 and I don't have access to them to figure out.

I can source a cable for the v3s but I still need the v1/2 CSHB cable to figure out what pins I needs to wire them up to.

Awesome, this should help, although my next problem is I'm not using a pot, I'm using a magnetic hall sensor (same as fanatec use on the accelerator and clutch) which uses all 4 pins on the CSP v1/v2 board.

I use a pressure sensor on mine which worked fine with the CSP v1 board but I found on the CSL Elite LC input it read 3.3v as 0% and 0v as 100% handbrake. Which if using a pot is easy to switch, but on my pressure sensor I ran it through a STM32 ARM arduino (as I have a bunch of them around as they are cheap as chips :D) to invert the signal and give a PWM output (running through a low pass filter to smooth the output) which the Fanatec pedal PCB wants. I'm no pixie wrangler so I'm sure there are more elegant ways to do this but this is my code below I use and been working fine for a 6 odd months.

Code:
/*
  DESCRIPTION
  ====================
  HYDRAULIC HANDBRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR TO FANATEC CSL ELITE L/C PCB
      PRESSURE TRANSDUCER OUTPUT 0v-3.3v
      CSL L/C PCB NEEDS 3.3v-0v
        RJ12 PIN OUT INTO PCB
          1- 3.3v
          2- 3.3v
          3- nc
          4- nc
          5- signal
          6- gnd
  ====================
 MW rev3 02-05-18
*/
const int hbPin = PA0;       // Define pins
const int cslPin = PA7;     

void setup() {
  // tranducer input

pinMode(hbPin, INPUT_ANALOG);

// output to pcb
  pinMode(cslPin, PWM);

}

void loop()

{
     int hbPin2  = analogRead(hbPin) ;    //read analog voltage
     hbPin2 = map(hbPin2, 0, 65536, 65536, 0); 

analogWrite(cslPin, hbPin2) ;
}

[QUOTE = "WippyMan, post: 12602586, miembro: 298021"] Utilizo un sensor de presión en la mía que funcionó bien con la placa CSP v1 pero encontré en la entrada CSL Elite LC que lee 3.3v como 0% y 0v como 100 % freno de mano. Lo que si es fácil cambiar una olla, pero en mi sensor de presión lo pasé por un arduino ARM STM32 (ya que tengo un montón de ellos ya que son baratos como chips :RE) para invertir la señal y dar una salida PWM ( funcionando a través de un filtro de paso bajo para suavizar la salida ) que quiere el PCB con pedal Fanatec. No soy un fanático de los pixies, así que estoy seguro de que hay formas más elegantes de hacer esto, pero este es el código que utilizo a continuación y he estado trabajando bien durante 6 meses impares.

[CÓDIGO]/*
DESCRIPCIÓN
====================
SENSOR HIDRAULICO DE PRESION DE MANGO A FANATEC CSL ELITE L / C PCB
TRANSDUCTOR DE PRESION SALIDA 0v-3.3v
CSL L / C PCB NECESITA 3.3v-0v
RJ12 PIN OUT EN PCB
1- 3.3v
2- 3.3v
3- nc
4- nc
5- señal
6- gnd
====================
MW rev3 02-05-18
* /
const int hbPin = PA0; // Definir pines
const int cslPin = PA7;

configuración vacía () {
// entrada tranducer

pinMode (hbPin, INPUT_ANALOG);

// salida a pcb
pinMode (cslPin, PWM);

}

bucle de vacío ()

{
int hbPin2 = analogRead (hbPin); // leer voltaje análogo
hbPin2 = mapa (hbPin2, 0, 65536, 65536, 0);

analogWrite (cslPin, hbPin2);
}

[/ CÓDIGO] [/ CITA]

HI, I need to know pin out (colours) for building a handbrake, wire Will be for csl elite ps4 handbrake in. Thanks

HI, I am trying to make a handbrake for fanatec base csl élite ps4, I also own v3 pedals, im very loose. I dont know how to start. I have read in forum but dont rally know, I bought a hand brake and i have a load cell from a scale. Also, I bought chip HX711, I can make wires with rj12, but i dont know how to join wires, any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• 15567990492937125685411838542681.jpg
    15567990492937125685411838542681.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2019-05-02-14-13-28-931_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-02-14-13-28-931_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 56
I did some messing about over Christmas and made a handbrake. I modeled it on the Fanatec 1.5, I figured the CUSB adapter is very cheap circa €15 and I had a few spare ones... Basically, the HB is just a potentiometer... 10k log.. the fanatec config app doesnt allow for any adjustments so I had to arrage the pot in the same setup as the Fanatec HB, it only use about 60° of the 300° rotation... see link below for the one I used...

IMG_548.jpg

https://ie.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=15001&langId=353&productSeoURL=citec-te-connectivity&storeId=10163&partNumber=350175&krypto=nhF/5L9MlRaOP8sZ/Wuaw7iuhNDPnVrtp9BQEcWhkBe/7UK+j3wyR0MgpN9FryrK19B6CX45Bksmaw+0Br6LLA==&ddkey=https:en-IE/Element14_Ireland/citec-te-connectivity/23esb103mmf50nf/potentiometer-log-10k/dp/350175

Last edited:
Does anybody know if Clubsport Handbrake works with a G29 on Ps4?
I want to buy it but I'm not totally sure if it works.

No it doesn't, as Logitech don't have a handbrake, so the games don't support it , I don't believe that PS4 supports Handbrakes on USB..

If you are asking about using DriveHub, I can go into more detail.

Last edited:
No it doesn't, as Logitech don't have a handbrake, the games don't support, I don't believe that PS4 support Handbrakes on USB..

If you are asking about using DriveHub, I can go into more detail.

No, I was thinking if it works as a standalone Handbrake. I really don't know how to upgrade to a HB on ps4

I did some messing about over Christmas and made a handbrake. I modeled it on the Fanatec 1.5, I figured the CUSB adapter is very cheap circa €15 and I had a few spare ones... Basically, the HB is just a potentiometer... 10k log.. the fanatec config app doesnt allow for any adjustments so I had to arrage the pot in the same setup as the Fanatec HB, it only use about 60° of the 300° rotation... see link below for the one I used...

IMG_548.jpg

https://ie.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=15001&langId=353&productSeoURL=citec-te-connectivity&storeId=10163&partNumber=350175&krypto=nhF/5L9MlRaOP8sZ/Wuaw7iuhNDPnVrtp9BQEcWhkBe/7UK+j3wyR0MgpN9FryrK19B6CX45Bksmaw+0Br6LLA==&ddkey=https:en-IE/Element14_Ireland/citec-te-connectivity/23esb103mmf50nf/potentiometer-log-10k/dp/350175

Hi, why you have 4 wires but the pot have 3? Can you make a detailed photo shown the wires on the pot and in the rj12 cable? Thanks

Hello,
I'm new at gtplanet, greetings to all.

Actually I use an old CSR_Elite Wheel with CSP V2 and the first Fanatec H-Shifter and I'm taking a look to the CSL DD Base.
I use it succesfully with the XBOX360 and since some months I own a drivehub and use it with PS4 Pro and XBox One X.

I know the thread is old but I have a Question about the Handbrake.
I built a diy Handbrake out of an old clutch Pedal from the CSR Elite Pedals.
I connected it to the Handbrake connector on the Board of my CSP V2 Pedals, under the footrest.
When I connect the pedals with usb to my notebook and I open the gamecontroller config in Win10 I see the Status Bar moving when I use the Handbrake.

My Problem is I want to use it with the drivehub on PS4 and XBox One, and that doesn't work when connected directly to the Pedals.
I ordered the Clubsport USB Converter, because it should be the solution for the drivehub and gamesystems.

But when I connect the Handbrake with the USB Converter I see no movement in Win10 gamecontroller config.
I connected:

1 GND
2 shorted to 1
3 nc
4 nc
5 Signal (middle from the poti)
6 +VCC ( 5V )

Does anybody have an Idea why this doesn't work?

I checked the signal with my multimeter and it shows a range between 1,2V and 4,5V when I move the handbrake.

Can anyone check the min max voltages from the original Fanatec Handbrake?

When I flash the USB converter as Pedals converter, then I see the throttle Bar moving in Gamecontroller Config.
There must be something different to the Handbrake.

I have no idea what to do next.

Here a picture of the Handbrake.
The Pedal, a 20mm Aluminium tube with a rubber bike grip.
IMG_20210924_182341.jpg

Last edited:
the fanatec CSUB ships in pedal mode, so you need to update the f/w and change to handbrake mode..

the voltages are very specific for the CUSB, when I made my ghetto handbrake I hade to use the exact same potentiometer, a 10k log with the same rotation and even in the same postion etc, so I think it unlikely it will work with your clutch pedal, unless you are very lucky...

the fanatec CSUB ships in pedal mode, so you need to update the f/w and change to handbrake mode..

the voltages are very specific for the CUSB, when I made my ghetto handbrake I hade to use the exact same potentiometer, a 10k log with the same rotation and even in the same postion etc, so I think it unlikely it will work with your clutch pedal, unless you are very lucky...
THX for the answer.
Do you use your diy Handbrake with the USB converter?
Can you measure the voltages from the signal from lowest to highest Brake force?

With this I could put one resistor on both ends of the poti in series to limit the output range of signal.

I think log or Lin shouldn't be the problem.

Kind regards

Marc

Last edited:
I found the solution, the problem was the limited range of the original handbrake that the USB converter is made for.

I found a YouTube where someone connected the fanatec handbrake to a heusinkveld converter.
In this video I could see the calibration process where the active range was visible from the completely range.

So I could calculate the both resistors that I have to use in line with the poti.

The Output Voltage of the original Fanatec Handbrake used on the USB converter ( 5V) is from 2,4V to 4V.

On the picture you can see my solution for the CSR elite pedal with 10k Poti.

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_221303_edit_945109245683911.jpg
    IMG_20211023_221303_edit_945109245683911.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 44
Back