Fanatec handbrake

• Thread starter Shinu
  • 7 comments

Shinu

Premium
KagoZuchi
Does it work on the ps4? (if it does how is the quality). Planing to return to the PC also but Dirt rally + psvr is awesome.
I remembered that I have a coupon code and I'm thinking if I should get the handbrake or a refund in that amount.

I'm bad at drifting/rallying but always waned to learn.

I plan to use it with Fanatec wheelbases. (CSW v2+drivehub and later DD)

As long as you're using any Fanatec Clubsport pedals after the V1 that allow you to connect one end of the Fanatec handbrake into the pcb of the Clubsport Pedal, I believe you possibly can use it on the PS4.

Yes it works with games on console that support analog handbrakes, plugged into the wheelbase.
If you move outside of Fanatec you can still use it (PC only) with the clubsport usb adapter.

Yes it works with games on console that support analog handbrakes, plugged into the wheelbase.
If you move outside of Fanatec you can still use it (PC only) with the clubsport usb adapter.
CSHB seem can’t use it stand alone without connecting wheelbase or pedals , even connect to USB adapter

Screenshot (2).png

I know this is an old thread, but not much discussion on the handbrake in the forum. Playing Horizon 3 today on XBox with no handbrake support and it's painful and an adjustment from Horizon 4 for sure.

I sent a tech request a while back to Fanatec suggesting that they do a firmware update to add a config option for the handbrake. My suggestion is it can be as is for analog supported games, or can be configured so that when pulled it simply sends an A button or B button signal (talking Xbox specifically). Many of us with older fanatec wheels soldered into the back of the board to add that functionality with a diy ghetto handbrake setup on a micro switch and know it's pretty usable, and although not the same as analog support, definitely better than nothing. This would make the handbrake compatible with every game.

Thoughts?

K

You could put the fanatec shifter into sq mode and remap upshift into handbrake :) Only played hoizon3 on pc, dont know if you can remap buttos on xbox version too:)

You could put the fanatec shifter into sq mode and remap upshift into handbrake :) Only played hoizon3 on pc, dont know if you can remap buttos on xbox version too:)

Huh! That's definitely an interesting idea for someone willing to play in Auto trans.

K

Back