Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel and Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter Yard_Sale
  • 14 comments
United States
The failed experiment entitled “California”.
What features of this wheel are usable with GT Sport?

This wheel intrigues me because I could definitely make use of the rotary dials. But if they are non-functional in GTS, I'm afraid I'll just stick with my standard CSL Elite wheel for the time being. Thanks for any responses!

This wheel intrigues me because I could definitely make use of the rotary dials. But if they are non-functional in GTS, I'm afraid I'll just stick with my standard CSL Elite wheel for the time being. Thanks for any responses!
The dials and toggle switches don't work on GTS, but still a great wheel on GTS, I haven't used my CSL Elite wheel since I got it. I also use it for PC Sims where everything works.

The dials and toggle switches don't work on GTS, but still a great wheel on GTS, I haven't used my CSL Elite wheel since I got it. I also use it for PC Sims where everything works.

I know this is subjective, but what do you like about it more?

I know this is subjective, but what do you like about it more?
I just like this style GT wheel, the moulded grips, only one way to hold the wheel, the size is good (27cm F1 wheel is too small), button position, shift paddles, I would only go back to the round wheel for rally/drifting, but I rarely di that type of driving.

Some buttons do work. Probably more accidentally I think. I like the Mclaren rim the most of the four I've had( P1,Bwm gt2, Formula V2). Size is perfect. GTS is the issue, they only support the basic P1 rim. But, you can map the L1&L2 in the Fanatec software to use in game. You have more options than your other rim.

Some buttons do work. Probably more accidentally I think. I like the Mclaren rim the most of the four I've had( P1,Bwm gt2, Formula V2). Size is perfect. GTS is the issue, they only support the basic P1 rim. But, you can map the L1&L2 in the Fanatec software to use in game. You have more options than your other rim.

Can you explain more on how you are mapping L1 & L2 please, I heard they once worked for the red toggle switches but stopped after an update.

Just got this wheel today. Beyond stoked until......

Hey, @DomB_Fanatec. You might not know the answer to this, but is the quick release adapter (CSL elite) shipped out at the same time as the rim? Like stated, I got the rim today. But no adapter as of yet

Just got this wheel today. Beyond stoked until......

Hey, @DomB_Fanatec. You might not know the answer to this, but is the quick release adapter (CSL elite) shipped out at the same time as the rim? Like stated, I got the rim today. But no adapter as of yet
You should receive them at the same time, but as the QR comes in a different box, it might become separated during shipment. Please contact customer service (select 'Contact' on the site, followed by 'I have a question about my order') if you believe the item has been misplaced.

You should receive them at the same time, but as the QR comes in a different box, it might become separated during shipment. Please contact customer service (select 'Contact' on the site, followed by 'I have a question about my order') if you believe the item has been misplaced.
Thanks for the reply. it ended up coming a couple days later. All is good and I'm enjoying the wheel!

Got some off the cuff questions tho...

I think all of us are wondering, to what depth did PD consult you guys to new FFB settings in GT7??? :D

And then I'm wondering if you guys have a new set of pedals in the works?? :D

Thanks for the reply. it ended up coming a couple days later. All is good and I'm enjoying the wheel!

Got some off the cuff questions tho...

I think all of us are wondering, to what depth did PD consult you guys to new FFB settings in GT7??? :D

And then I'm wondering if you guys have a new set of pedals in the works?? :D
For all developers, PD included, it is up to them to write their FFB in the way they see fit. We have regular contact with them of course if they need assistance or advice. Prototype GT DD Pro units have been with Sony and PD for well over a year, which is allowing them to fine-tune their force feedback and ensure the product works well with GT7.

It has been previously confirmed that Podium Pedals are in development, there are no further updates at this time.

Thanks buddy! Wasn’t actually expecting you to respond :lol:

Now, question for anyone that knows. Money not factoring into the decision, why should I choose a DD1 over the CSL DD? I mainly play Gran Turismo

Last edited:
Try these settings. You might not wish for anything more than this in GT7.
I always drive from bumper cam, but if you switch to chase cam and watch the car carefully, you'll see that every single little movement of the car is communicated to your hands with perfect clarity - nothing more and nothing less.

Fanatec recommends more INT and NDP. More than INT 1 is not necessary with these in-game settings. However, less than 30 NDP might lead to oscillations so don't let go of the wheel.
Higher INT and NDP is excellent as well, just a bit "safer" and slightly less sharp and clear.
5 max torque in-game is just silly though. You'll be slower and have some sort of pseudo workout (might feel manly for some).

8 Nm

PS mode (blue)

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN AUT
FF 100
FFS Peak
NDP Off
NFR Off
NIN Off
INT 1
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
BLI User Preference
SHO 100
BRF User Preference

In-Game Settings:
Force Feedback Max Torque: 1
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

Edit: Speaking of GT Sport of course.

Last edited:
Thanks Hugo. I bought the McLaren wheel last year (I can't use pedals, and this is my ONLY option) and got the full GT DD Pro on 22 Feb along with GT Sport.
I did the firmware up date on the DD Pro wheel and base, found it worked in GT Sport but with no FFB. So I tried the McLaren wheel with upgrading the firmware, and it seems to work fine. As I'm a mechanical engineer working in R&D, I don't like spending my spare time fiddling with settings of a simulator when my actual Subaru STI just needs fuel.

So, can you recommend a source of information I can use to keep this game going without having to fire up my Windows crash box too often?

I agree about the 5Nm being plenty; my real STI is about 3Nm, and my wife commented about my new torso after 3 weeks!

Back